𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆 𝘁𝘄𝗼. 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻 𝗮 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗺 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗻

IT HAD BEEN A WEEK NOW — a week where Agnes laid on a bed, in her new room with locked windows and doors

a week where Agnes laid on a bed, in her new room with locked windows and doors.
she hadn't eaten the food given to her, she hadn't even touched it; all she did was look at her surroundings.
she didn't talk to the maids or the nurses, she refused to answer their questions and they ended up giving up

on her mind there was just one mission— she needed to get back to Lockwood.
but her largest obstacle was the Berkshire Enterprises which kept her in plain-sight.
and her body was sore and tired, if she was able to run then she wouldn't get past the manor's doors.
however she would do whatever it was necessary.
she was determined now.

there had been two knocks on the door, a pattern Agnes hadn't truly been familiar with.
the door opened revealing Killian, his piercing cold eyes burned on Agnes's helpless frame.
he had a jewelry box with him, something old that carried a ghost within.
he seemed alert, because he wasn't supposed to be in Agnes's room nor holding the fore-mentioned box.
"miss Berkshire..." Killian coughed to bring attention.

Agnes sat up on her bed, eyeing the gift Killian had brought and the man's nervous body language.
"my family has been working for the Berkshire's for many generations now. and I must say that the abuse we've endured escalated once your parents stepped in command. and...I could have done this myself, but seeing the things you've went through since I started working in this place, I've realized that you should seek the vengeance. but promise me you won't exploit us any longer." Killian finished.
Agnes never liked him.
he was harsh and obedient to her parent's orders, when she was a child she even believed he was a robot—even days before her captivity she believed that the man had no emotions in his body. but his confession had changed everything.

"what do you want me to do?" Agnes questioned.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Agnes's parents found themselves sat in front of the fireplace.
Emilia had book in her hands while Gerald sat opposite to her, a newspaper and his reading glasses keeping him distracted.

Agnes had the jewelry box in her hands, there was three powerful sources in it. sources the victims of the Berkshire's contained before dying horrendously.
Agnes's silhouette against the fire made itself known to her parents.
"what are you doing outside of your room?" Emilia spat as she turned her neck, her husband following suit.

"you promised this would all be mine." Agnes looked across the room she was in.
"you said I would own everything wether you believed I was a fitting heir or not. you tortured me and made me keep agonizing secrets all my life.
you are murderers who have forgotten how to be human. did you really think I wouldn't have grown tired of it all, that me, with all these ancient relics at hand wouldn't cross a terrible line?" Agnes's hands and body were trembling, she was afraid to drop it but there was a rush inside of her telling her to do it.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝗽𝗵𝗮𝗻𝘁𝗼𝗺 𝗼𝗽𝗲𝗿𝗮 ➪ 𝗮𝗻𝘁𝗵𝗼𝗻𝘆 𝗹𝗼𝗰𝗸𝘄𝗼𝗼𝗱 🎉