The Gig

By the time Tuesday rolled around I had mostly blocked my dad out. But it was hard to ignore the non stop calls and voicemails. Tonight me and Taylor and a couple of our other friends booked us at this awesome club. Oh ya we're in a band. called Just A Couple Weirdos . It consists of Taylor, Hanna, Keneisha, and me I'm a singer/piano Tay plays guitar/bass Keneisha is also a singer and Hanna is on drums. Were pretty good actually. Mostly covers but we write a few song now and then. Our signature song we sing every gig is Keep Holding On by Avril Lavigne. I can Really relate to it. Along with the rest of us. We've all had tough times when we feel like giving up.

I have to work until 3:30 then get off work go home shower and get ready for the club at 5. Well that's gunna be hard to get ready in that amount of time. I take forever to get ready. But I always look good..... Hahahahaha just kidding I never look good.

I was finishing up getting ready when I heard a knock on my bedroom door. It was Tay and the rest of the girls. "Hey girls. come in." After a couple of hugs since I hadn't seen them in a couple days we left and headed to the club in a big van with all the equipment. As wee were driving there me and the girls caught up a bit.

When we pulled up to the club we all got out and helped carry stuff in. As we walked in we heard people screaming. I let a ttle bit of suspition creep into my mind then shoved it out. I needed to con centrate fully for the preformance. After everything was set up IN went throu the usual pep talk with the girls. " Remember no matter what happens, what their reactions are, or whether we fail epically, I love you all", I finished by chest bumping everyone. It was a tradition.

We walked out on stage with our heads held high as the crowd went wild. We started out with performing Wings by Little mix... A favorite of ours.

A couple songs later it was time for the next group to come in. We had time for one more song.

"Hey everybody were gunna slow it down for the next one", After I announced this there was a few wwwahooo's but after that ot got silent. .

"Your not alone together we stand I'll be by your side you know I'll take your hand when it gets cold and it feels like the end there's no place to goyou know I won't give in, No I won't give in yeah yeah

Keep Holding on cuz you know well make it through make it through Just stay strong cuz you know I'm here for I'm here for you. There's Nothing you can say Noting you can do There's no other way when it comes to the truth So keep holding cuz you know we'll make it through well make it through", I kept singing but couldn't help notice 5 guys in the corner not dancing with their gurls. They looked a little familar but I couldn't quite remember them. After we finished up with the song we put the equipment in the van. Instead of leaving we stayed to watch the next group.

" Hello" I heard a strong irish accent say from behind me. "Geez you scared the crap out of me", I said suprised to see it was an adorable blonde who had been with the group in the corner earlier. " Oh sorry. I just wanted to tell you that your band was great up there. Plus I couldn't pass up the perfect oppertunity to introduce myself to a beautiful girl like yourself". The more he talked I finally realized who it was. " Oh well thank you. Do you by any chance happen to be Niall Horan", I asked curious to know who I was talking to. " Ya I'm Niall", he said as I started to get lost in his eyes. " You know if your hungry I could take to McDonalds just down the road", He asked trying to act cool. " Ok one thing you need to know about me... I'm always hungry. And yes I would love to go to McDonalds", I said I had an idea, " but first I have to tell the girls". He nodded and I walked away to find the rest of the group. After about 5 minutes of looking I finally found hanna , " hey some totally hot dude just asked me to dinner so imma go. Will you tell the others they did great and goodnight for me", I asked. "Sure but be careful. Night guuurrrrrrl!!!!!!!!!" Man she was super happy.