𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐒𝐊𝐄𝐃 𝐌𝐀𝐍

REWRITE THE STARS !

REWRITE THE STARS !

"HAVE YOU SEEN THE MASKED MAN?" A BEAUTIFUL WOMAN looked at the street vendor who spoke, curious dark purple eyes narrowing and eyebrows scrunched up in poorly contained bewilderment.

The street vendor noticed her interest, and their face seemed excited about the most popular subject in their small, mundane village.

"Masked man? What masked man?" She asked, hand resting over her swollen stomach.

"Now and then, a strange man comes down from the mountains wearing a mask and walks around!"

The pregnant woman raised an eyebrow. "I don't understand. If he is not causing any harm, I do not see the issue with him walking around. Why is this such a big thing?"

"Well, the young girls are swooning over him. They believe him to be a handsome gentleman under the mask!" The vendor exclaimed.

"Not to mention, he is quite tall, towering over most of the men in town. He's taller than your husband, Kie!"

Kie smiled in amusement. "Tanjuro's height is of little importance to me. The real question is– is he taller than y/n?"

The street vendor gasped before nodding fervently. "Yes! Even taller than y/n!"

Kie rubbed her chin. "Hm..."

"Shall we set them up? Y/n did say she had a preference for tall, handsome men..." She murmured, and the two looked at each other before erupting with laughing.

A man listening to the conversation chuckled, entering the conversation with a smug grin. "Ha! Y/n would rather marry her paintings than get married to an actual human being. It won't be long before she grows old and alone!"

The atmosphere immediately grew cold at his exclamation.

Noticing that they were not laughing, the man laughed nervously. "Ah-? Did I say something wrong?"

The street vendor frowned at the man's comment, and Kie gave him a quick side-eyed with distaste. "Be glad y/n didn't hear you say that, boy. She would've put you in an early grave!"

"W-what? It was a mere jest!"

"Y/n has enough respect for herself not to associate herself with men like you, much less marry you," Kie murmured cooly, not even bothering to look at the male, and the man went red in anger as the street vendor laughed.