10

It's been more than two months to Meera's father's death and the pain is still fresh in Meera's heart.

Abhiraj whom she saw that night vanished next morning.

The man who supported her, consoled her and made her feel like his own that night,when she needed him the most become the same Abhiraj she knew before.

He only talks to her when urgent. Meera was absolutely confused by his behavior but she had a hope in her heart that they will become happy couple who will always be beside each other no matter what,like her parents were.

The day was turning into evening, the sun was yet to set. The weather today was windy and the clouds started gathering together, covering the blue sky.

Meera was having a cup of tea after serving everyone else their tea.

When she saw outside from the kitchen window, it was already rain  lightly &  the washed clothes were still hanging on the ropes at the backyard for sundrying.

She kept the cup aside and ran towards backyard to pick up those clothes before they get wet again.

In hurry of picking those clothes, she forgot to cover her face but her veil was still on her head.

She was trying to pick up the clothes quickly ,When rain got heavy  and the winds too.

Her veil slipped off her head, she didn't realized when her dupatta got wet and started sticking her body. Her thin waist became visible. Her long traces were moving freely in the air. She looked epitome of beauty.

And she didn't notice a man in the nearby house was eyeing her from head to toe. A woman without veil was rare to see. She was not allowed to show herself to any man other than her husband.

Abhiraj who accidentally came to the corridor of the backyard, saw his wife in such a exposed way.

He immediately got enraged by the scene and it just doubled when he saw a man looking at his wife from a distance.

His anger knew no boundaries then.  His hands were fisted and his teeth gritted, his entire self filled with anguish.

He walked to his wife. Meera noticed his presence just when he got hold on her wrist and turned her towards him swiftly and she was about fall but stabilized herself keeping her palms over his chest.

His usual blank eyes now looked dangerous which definitely scared her soul.

His grip tighten around her wrist and his eyes piercing her soul.

Without saying anything, he started dragging her inside the house.

"What happened? Aap hame ase kyu le ja rahe hai..." she asked in fear but no reply came from his side and he kept dragging her.

Once inside, He left her hand with a jerk , she stumbled back.

"Kya hu.." before she could complete, a very hard slap landed on her cheek.

She was shocked, her hand went on her cheek, were she got slapped. Tears rolled down her eyes. She looked at her husband as sob escaped her mouth.

He slapped her.She was never treated like this before. Her cheeks were red.

He grabbed her shoulder and yelled at her, " you are asking me, what happened??? Just look at yourself."

She looked down confused, " kaha hai Tera ghunghat??"

Then she realized her head was bare and her wet clothes were transparent by now.

"Nobody taught you how to wear your clothes. Tu meri biwi hai, Tera ye sharir sirf aur sirf mere liye hai. How dare you went outside the house like this..." He shaked her,grabbing her arms.