22

Nandini's temperature has reduced now, Meera took her out in the backyard to get the fresh air. Both of them felt relax as they sat to watch the sunset. Meera was patting her gently while nandini encircled her tiny arms around her.

" Bhabhisa " Meera turn to the source of sound to find Aarti and Kirti entering in the backyard. Both of them Sat on each side of Meera. " Please forgive me Bhabhisa". Aarti said joining her hands in front of Meera

"What are you saying Aarti?? Why are you doing this?" Meera asked, bewildered by her actions. She detached Aarti's joint hands.

" Because of my food,Maasa spoke to those hurtful words to you. A fight happened in the house because of me. Jethji got so angry."She cried.

Meera sighed," Aarti, please don't take his words on heart. He have no issue with you getting food on time. It is just he has a bad anger. And he was disturbed because of Nandu's health." She herself didn't know why he reacted that way because he raise his voice in front of his Maasa let alone the tone he used with today.

" I know Bhabhisa, and Jethji is right. Why it's always you doing the work and still you get blamed by Maasa? I wanted to come and help but Maasa denied and asked me take rest". Aarti replied.

" Yes, even I was coming to make the lunch. I know Nandu was not well but Maasa engaged me in arranging your devarsa's clothes." kirti said with guilt in her eyes.

" forgive us Bhabhisa" Both the sister said together, their eyes were watering.

"Shh..stop it you two. You don't need to apologize. It's not your fault. "Meera holded kirti's ears fondly. "Stop this tears otherwise I won't make your favorite pickle again" Meera warned them mischievously.

They quickly wiped their tears in greed on the tasty pickle that Meera makes for them. And the two burst of laughing over their own tantrums. Meera joined them.

" How is Nandu doing now Bhabhisa?" Aarti asked looking at Nandini who was sucking on her mother's shoulder. " she is better now." Meera passed a smile.

"Thank God."

" But she scared us. Her temperature was rising and falling from the last night". The three ladies sat their talking, When they heard a kulfi vendor's voice selling in the village.

" kulfi!! I want to have it" Aarti pouted expressing her desire to have kulfi, kirti too. But they can't go out of the house after the evening.

Keshav came there, making the ladies stop their girly talks. He came and gave a kulfi to his wife. " Yehh?" Aarti asked.
" You were craving for it right??" Keshav eyed her teasingly and Aarti blushed hard.

" Didi, Keshav Jethji knows everything , what you want and what not..hmm" Kirti teased her sister, " Not like that but he always tries to fulfill my cravings in this months of pregnancy. He arranges everything, what I want to have and take care of me". Aarti said taking a bite of the kulfi.

Meera's thoughts traveled to her pregnancy period. During her pregnancies period she used to crave for spicy & sour food especially food made by her mother. But she never got the courage to ask her husband to bring those food items for her.

One can demand to the person whom they believe to be their own. But with Abhiraj, whatever she felt was always one sided. She loved him but he didn't. She wanted to make the marriage work but he was still living in the past. She wanted him to accept her but does he really wanted to accept her as his wife? She had no answers to her questions even after seven years. Then how can she demand anything to him or throw tantrum at him?

" That's is what love between a husband- wife is" Kirti said, " Meera Bhabhisa, Jethji must be loving you so much. That's why you have four kids". Kirti giggled diverting her attention to Meera.