12

After Meera went inside, Abhiraj turned to Meera's mother and her tauji.

"Jamaisa, Please forgive my daughter". Meera's mother requested, she was as much confused by Abhiraj's behavior as Meera was. Why he sent Meera inside when his Mother asked her to pack her bags. Was he unknown to his mother's decision?

His aura was already dominating. She was scared to speak in front of him.

"I know, what happened shouldn't have happened."Abhiraj said taking a sit on the chair, he know that was the only reason for his mother to be this angry on Meera, " par ghar ki baat ghar me rahe to acha hai.."He glared at his mother.

" I don't have any intention of sending  Meera back to her Mayka. I have taken her responsibility and she will be with me till her last breath". Abhiraj declared, in nonsense tone.

Meera's mother and her tauji were happy to here this. She thought atleast Abhiraj will not leave Meera in the mid. He doesn't blame her and he will support her.

" par Abhiraj..." Abhiraj's mother interrupted. " Bindni did wrong. She is not capable of being your wife and the eldest daughter in law of the house. And top of that she didn't brought dowry with her."

"We will arrange for the dowry soon. Please give us sometime." Meera's mother said to Abhiraj, declining every reason that would destroy her daughter's marriage.

" No need to do all this now when the time is gone." She said to Meera's mother and turning to Abhiraj, she said,"I will find another wife for you who will be best at everything."

Meera's family was beyond shocked. The lady was ready to bring third wife for her son.

Abhiraj took a deep breath to maintain his composer. "Maasa, hum baat kar rahe hai." He said to his mother, in his finalized tone.

He looked at Meera's mother,who seemed helpless and  clueless for her daughter's future.

"Hum jante hai, after babasa's death, things have changed in your life Maasa." He addressed Meera's mother.

"I only asked your daughter's hand for marriage. Other rituals for exchange of money & gifts were between the elders and I didn't interfere in that matter."

" Now the situations are different. I promise that here after nobody will ask you about the dowry."

"Huhh???" Meera's mother asked in confusion.

" You don't need to give us anything anymore. You gave me your daughter, it's more than enough for me." Abhiraj completed.

Meera's mother was delighted and blessed Abhiraj. It was rare to see any man denying for dowry. She was happy that he atleast understood their situation.

"Thank you Jamaisa for forgiving my daughter and helping us in the tough time" Meera's mother said and Abhiraj returned a small smile with a nod.

His mother was burning in anger. For her, it was duty of every daughter in law to bring dowry to fulfill her sasural. And here her own son has declined everything.

"Meera.." Abhiraj called Meera from inside.

Meera came out, not knowing what decision they have taken for her life.

" They are guest from your Mayka, make some tea and snacks for them." Abhiraj said.

Meera's eyes widened. A while ago every one was tensed. She didn't knew if she will be staying in her sasural or Abhiraj will send her back. But now the atmosphere looked lighten up as they were talking about tea and snacks.

" Na Laddo, let it be. Drinking even
water of daughter's house is sin for us." Meera's mother denied politely.

Abhiraj was behaving nicely to them doesn't mean they cantake his humbleness for granted.