11

He moaned near her ears ," Gauri."

Meera, whose eyes were closing due to tiredness, opened them wide when she heard her husband's word.

As her eyes jerked open , she saw her husband sleeping in between her breast.

Few Moments ago, he was blaming her for having affair and now he himself is taking another woman's name in front of her, while being intimate with her.

Meera doesn't held any grudges with Gauri. Infact she respects her for what gauri has went through in her life. And she very well understands that gauri was a part of this family and her husband's first wife.

But can a woman see her husband have feelings for other woman & feel nothing, no matter how big her heart is. No woman can share her husband with any other lady.

If gauri was in her place, she would have behaved the same way.

Meera tried to push Abhiraj but he was
heavy for her to even move him aside. She felt disgusted about herself.

The hope Meera was holding upon, that she will have a good married life with her husband, broke into pieces.

How can she expect him to behave normally with her, when he has not moved on from his late wife.

She doesn't wants him to forget his late wife. How can he forget her when they have spent years together.

But she atleast expected him to give chance to Meera & their relationship. Meera felt herself so wrong to even think that he will consider her.

His blank expression & cold behavior towards her , confused her for four months of marriage, now made sense that he was not ready to accept her. Because he doesn't consider her as his life partner.

Her world collapsed in front of her eyes.

Why the hell he married her when didn't wanted to??? This question was continously ringing in her head. Her head was bursting as much as the physical pain tortured her.

She cried and cried till water in her eyes dried but her pain didn't lessened a bit.

Sleep was far away from her eyes, gaining her a sleepless and distraught night to her. That day was enough to traumatize her.

The first rays of sun entered in the room informing Meera about the arrival of new day. But for her, it was never ending darkness ahead of her.

Abhiraj has shifted aside and was sleeping soundly keeping his hand on Meera.

Meera put aside his hand and got up from the bed. The last night events were haunting her soul.

Fresh tears made its way again. She wasn't  able to walk properly. She went into the washroom for a hot shower to relax her muscles.

She come out after a long shower. She stood in front of the mirror and  couldn't recognize herself. She put palm over her mouth to suppress her sobs.

Her pink lips were dark now. Her neck was full of bluish Hickey. Her hands had the bruises made by his hands. Her head was aching badly.

She got ready in the simplest way with only vermillion in her hair partition and mangalsutra around her neck. She went out ,not before glancing at her husband and covering her head with the veil.

----

"What is your problem, Bindni?" Abhiraj's mother shouted at Meera. "Can't you cook properly?? How can you put this much salt in the curry."

" I am sorry..hamara dhyan nahi raha.."
Meera mumbled, she was engaged thinking about last night that she put salt twice in the curry.

"Only because of you my husband and son couldn't have their breakfast properly and went empty stomach."