27

Meera cameback in the room after her morning routine only to find her children sleeping peacefully with Abhiraj. "Baccho, wake up. Don't you want to go to school today? You already had long holiday at Nani's house". Meera said making the children awaken, Abhiraj too with her soft voice.

Rubbing their eyes," yes Maa, we will go." Children said in halfsleep and Abhiraj passed a smile their way. But ignoring him, Meera just focused on her children.

" so let's get ready" she said, and was taking them to washroom when Abhiraj interrupted," You don't worry Meera, today their babasa will get them ready" Abhiraj said taking the children in his arms making them shout in excitement.

Meera nodded at them and went to her daughter who was now making babyish sound looking at the ceiling with her duo shaped eyes.  She feed her daughter and got her ready for the day.

She sighed,getting back to the routine again. Time at her mother's place was so relaxing for her.

Meera was serving the breakfast when Abhiraj and the kids came to the dinning table.

" Good Morning Dadi" Children greeted their grandmother. She greeted them back and hugged them, " Didn't you missed your Dadi. Last night also you slept without meeting me." She complained to them.

" we missed you Dadi but Nani was equally fun there. And last night we were tired Dadi so couldn't meet you."The three spoke," you know we enjoyed alot at Nani's house".
Their Grandmother's face fell, she couldn't digest the fact that her grandchildren enjoyed someone else's company.

Sudden jealousy erupted in her. She always wants her children and family's to herself. Their love only reserved only for her, she couldn't share that . When her grandchildren praised their Nani, she felt anguish.

"Ohh, she was with you for few days. But you will always be with your Dadi and  your dadi loves you more than anyone".she said to children in sicking sweet voice."we know Dadi" kids replied in innocence.

But, Meera knew what was going on in her mind. Why she always have to compare between their and Meera's family. Even Abhiraj knew that his mother was not happy with their trip to Meera's house. But this time Meera's happiness was his priority.

" Abhiraj beta, give Nandini to me and you have your breakfast" she asked and took Nandini from him." Nandini beta, you know Dadi was feeling lonely without you. What can I do? without seeing you or talking to you my day doesn't go well" she was chattering to the baby Nandini.

All of started the breakfast and Meera fed the kids by her hand.

After the breakfast, Meera handed vikrant and Samarth's bag to Abhiraj, avoiding any further conversation with him. And they went to school.

Because of Aditya's leg,they have decided to admit him late in the school. When he will be better than now.

Meera went back to complete all the pending chores. Now she was making the lunch. When her mother in law came and started seeing all the edibles Meera's mother has sent with them.

" Hmm... Ghevar, Laddo, Barfi. There is namkeen also." She said looking into jars.  There were variety of namkeen and sweet in different jars. " And pickles too."

"Good, your mother has finally understood how to treat daughter's in laws." Her mother in law spoke with a cunning smile lingering on her face. " But always remember Bindni, Aditya, Vikrant, Samarth and Nandini are my son's children. I have the first right on them. And nobody can snatch that right  from me.They belong to me."

---

The day come to an end as everything fall back to the usual routine. Meera made her children sleep and went to change into her night lehenga.