Chapter 9: A Good Friend

Luz's POV

I almost forgotten about Amity's stuff. Most importantly her phone. So I went back in and grabbed it from the guy. He was hesitant to give it but I think a little teaching made him give it to me. I checked inside her bag. Her phone, clothes, books and other stuff she had was in there. Happy with the result I got, I got out of that shithole and walked towards my car. I knocked on the window since I couldn't see inside if Amity was done changing or not. There was no answer so I knocked again. Still no answer. I opened the door a bit to peek in and I saw her just sleeping there peacefully. She must've been tired huh?

I mean who wouldn't?

If you were kidnapped and forced into satisfying people for three whole weeks who wouldn't? I mean it seemed like she's been through a lot. I saw that her wrists had purple marks circling around it. She had eye bags which I know for sure wasn't as horrid as before when I saw her at school. Her breathing was a bit uneven. I got inside the car not wanting to get anymore wetter by the rain.

I drove slowly out of the alleyway and onto the road back to Bonesborough. I would glance at the Blight a few times to make sure she was fine. She slept so peacefully. I played my playlist—I had a lot of them—the violin was pretty calming. I love Joel Sunny's violin covers of songs. It was pretty nice and calming aside from lofi music. I was planning to play something else but since Amity was sleeping I decided to play something calming since it helps me sleep when I couldn't. The rain kept pouring making the day even more calming. We passed a few cars along the road until we reached Bonesborough. Amity had been sleeping for about eighteen minutes.

I was kinda hungry so I decided maybe to stop by McDonalds or something. I drove to the nearest McDonalds and parked. It was still pouring but a bit lighter than earlier. Amity was still soundlessly asleep in the passenger seat. I didn't had the heard to wake her up but she might be hungry too so I gently shook her. "Hey Blight. C'mon let's have some dinner." She shuffled in her sleep. "Blight c'mon. Wake up." She fluttered her eyes open. "Sleepy much?" I smiled. She blinked a few times and rubbed her eyes as she looked around. "Where am I?" She mumbled. "We're at McDonalds. C'mon let's eat." She yawned and blinked her eyes again. "How did I get here? I thought I was in the club?"

Was she really that sleepy?

I grabbed the umbrella and got out of the car and walked to her side. I opened the door and she slowly stepped out under the umbrella. I smiled and wrapped my arms around her shoulder to pull her closer to me. We walked into the restaurant and ordered. "I'll have a Big Mac and a large coke, with fries of course." I turned to Amity but she was slowly falling asleep. "Make that two Big Macs." The cashier lady nodded and I payed for our meal before sitting down on a booth. I sat across Amity and saw how tired she was. "Hey Blight, you really tired?" She just hummed before her eyes shut. Damn. I got up from my seat and sat next to her. I placed her head on my shoulder with it wrapped around her's. I rubbed her arm and she fell back deep asleep. I took out my phone and scrolled through Instagram for a bit. There wasn't much until something caught my attention. It was a post from Boscha about how she, Willow and Agustus had a lead on where Amity is.

I chuckled. Too bad I got to her first.

A few more minutes of scrolling, I saw a lot of posts about Amity and how the cops are doing a horrible job and looking for her. The lady earlier came with our food and I placed my phone down. "Hey Blight, let's eat. Food's here." She opened her eyes and looked at the food in front of her. "Daryl? What time is it?" She asked. Now who's Daryl? The only Daryl I know is Daryl Stockmyler. I sighed. "No, not Daryl. It's me Luz." She looked at me and hummed. She grabbed her burger and started munching on it. She was still sleepy because her movement was slow and it took her awhile to process things. We didn't say anything for the rest of the time.