Chapter 10: Skipping Monday

It was still pouring outside. It had gotten heavier by the time the two girls slept. The bright flash of the lightning peeking through the curtain. The loud crashing of the thunder that follows. It hadn't woken anyone up despite being loud.

As they slept, Amity started shuffling in her sleep. "N-no." She started mumbling in her sleep. "Please no." She started stirring in her sleep causing the Latina next to her to wake up. "Amity?" She spoke as she rubbed her eyes. "No, please. I'm sorry," she cried. Luz quickly caught on tried waking her up. "Amity. Hey, are you alright?" She spoke to try and wake the girl up. But she started stirring even more as she cried. "I'm sorry, no." Her breathing became quick and her heart was racing. Luz shook her shoulder to wake her up. "Amity. Hey. Wake up." But failed. Amity started crying and saying she's sorry multiple times. Luz shook her awake one more time and Amity quickly jolted up. She was panting heavily then she broke down. "Amity, what's wrong," Luz spoke in a soft voice as she held Amity close, rubbing circles on her back. Amity kept crying into her hands. Luz pulled Amity to her chest. "Shhhh, it's going to be alright." She kept saying words of assurance to calm Amity down. Soon after, Amity fell back asleep in Luz's arms. Luz held her close as she rubbed her back and moved her body side to side slowly. Seeing that Amity had calmed down and had fallen asleep, she lied Amity back down and tucked her in.

She got up from the sofa bed combo and went into the kitchen, turning on the light. She grabbed herself a cup of warm water and sat down on the stool. She thought of nothing but the young Blight. Something was bothering her.

She knew Amity had mentioned that she sleeping problems but she didn't know Amity meant that she had nightmare. Amity would come to school with eye bags saying that she didn't sleep because she was studying all night or something like that. But seeing the said girl crying in her sleep. Something was definitely wrong. She sat there pondering. Why hadn't Amity want to go home? Why does she study all night when she's already a valedictorian? Why does she have nightmares? She had a few thoughts. Maybe Amity wasn't ready to go home because she still needed time. But the worse that could happen is that Amity was scared of her home. But Luz didn't want to jump to conclusions and if Amity wants to talk about it she'll be there to listen to every word. But if it gets worse, she'll have to try and get Amity to talk about it. The thought of Amity being scared made her mad. But she just shrugged it off. She didn't want to pry into her friend's life.

She drank her water and placed the cup in the sink and went back to where Amity was. The little Blight was still sleeping and hadn't moved an inch since how Luz had left her. She got under the covers and faced away from the Blight. Soon, sleep caught up to her and everything else faded to darkness.

Amity's POV

I woke up in a different place. I wasn't familiar with the place. It wasn't the usual red bedroom I woke up in for the past weeks. Instead, I woke in a large room with couches, television, a soft fluffy carpet and other stuff around with large windows placed proportionally away from each other with white curtains as the sun peek through. I saw that I was in a red hoodie and on a couch with a bunch of pillows and a fluffy blanket on top of me. Next to me had no one so I got up from the sofa with the blanket wrapped around my head and my body and down the hallway. I heard some noises from there so I decided to check it out. When I did, I saw a girl with brown fluffy hair, white headphones on and by the stove. She seemed to be cooking something. I looked on the island to see
a stack of pancakes with berries on it and covered in syrup. Next to it was a mug which I think has coffee in it. The girl turned around to put a pancake on a plate then saw me. She opened her headphones. "Morning Blight. How you feeling?" She asked. My brain was so fuzzy I couldn't remember how I even got here. "Luz?" I asked. She smiled and passed me the plate of pancake which I happily took since I love pancakes. "Here, eat up. I made you some coffee since you like drink them every morning. I'll be upstairs if you need me." She ruffled my hair before walking out of the kitchen. I sat down on the stool and ate the pancake. It was really good.