Do Or Die

Book Title: Sonic: Collection of Short Stories
Chapter Title: Do or Die

Main character/s: Silver and Blaze

Written By: PurpleAntiheroine

Idea Taken From/Insipred From: The Song, " Do or Die By 30 Seconds To Mars©" and an anime I watched when I was a kid entitled, "Black Blood Brothers".

Requested By: (None)

Rated: PG-13

Disclaimer: I don't own the characters included in the story.

Characters are owned by SEGA©

OC's belong to their rightful owners.

This is a sequel to the short story, " A Vampire Love Story".

Hope you all like it!
---------------

It's been 5 years after the 3 vampire hunters helped Silver, Amy, Sonic, and Shadow escape from Eggman. They started a new life: Rouge and Knuckles had a son named Knuckles Jr, who is now 4 years of age; the vampire couple, Sonic and Amy, were married and later had a son named Speedy, who is now 3 years old; Shadow never changed, he was also the uncle of Knuckles Jr. and Speedy, he showed the kids how to fight but haven't taught them yet for they are still young; Blaze and Silver were married 3 years ago and they're expecting a child, which is due next week. They were told that it was a girl and they were still considering the unborn child's name.

"What about Blaze Jr." Knuckles commented.

"Girls don't have jr.'s, hon." Rouge corrected.

"How about Venus?" Amy gave her opinion.

"Yea, that's a great name." Rouge agreed.

Blaze wrote the name on the notebook together with the other names they're considering.

"What about Phoenix?" Silver said.

"Why?" Knuckles asked before the girls could.

"I was thinking Blaze's name is a synonym of fire and phoenix is a creature of fire so why not?" Silver answered giving Blaze the thought that it was actually a great name.
"I like it." Blaze responded as she scribbled it down.

"I know! Blaze the Second!" Knuckles exclaimed as his friends sighed heavily.

All of a sudden, Speedy and Junior (Knuckles Jr.) entered the house.

"Help!" They shouted in unison.

"What is it?" Knuckles asked. The two boys made way, they saw Shadow entered the house. He had several bruises, a lot of open and bleeding wounds, legs were trembling and couldn't barely open his eyes. Sonic and Silver rushed to both of his side.

"I'll call the doctor." Rouge said and rushed outside.

"What happened?" Amy asked the children while Sonic and Silver set Shadow on the couch.

"A green hedgehog came!" Junior exclaimed.

"And Uncle Shadow fought him!" Speedy explained.

"Who?" Amy asked.

"Scourge." Shadow muttered while keeping his eyes open.

"What?" Sonic exclaimed saying, "I thought he was dead!"

"Who's Scourge?" Blaze asked.
"Scourge was one of my trusted allies." Silver started.

"Not until we saw him eat a flesh from a mortal hedgehog." Sonic continued.

"I thought vampires do that?" Knuckles asked in confusion.

"Well, red blood vampires do but us black blood vampires, don't." Silver explained. "If we, black blood vampires, eat a flesh or drink blood straight from the source, we become red blood vampires. That's why, as much as possible, we eat meat that is half-cooked. Red blood vampires are much agile than us but unlike us, they are affected by a stab from a wooden stake in the heart. Other than that, we have the same weaknesses." Silver explained.