Safe and Sound

Book Title: Sonic: Collection of Short Stories
Chapter Title: Safe and Sound

Main Characters: Manic The Hedgehog, Sally Acorn, Espio The Chameleon, Sonia The Hedgehog, Mighty The Armadillo, and Honey The Cat

Written By: PurpleAntiheroine

Idea Taken/Inspired From: The Song Titled, "Safe and Sound by Taylor Swift ft. Civil Wars©".

Requested By: Sonic Girl (A Guest Reviewer) from fanfiction. net

Rated: PG-13

Disclaimer: I don't own the characters included in the story.

Characters are owned by SEGA©

OC's belong to their rightful owners.

Hope you all like it!
–––––––––––––––

'This is all my fault.' The three mobians (Manic, Espio, and Mighty) thought bitterly.

–––––––––––––––

(Flashback)

Sally, Sonia, and Honey glared at their boyfriends, Manic, Espio, and Mighty, respectively.

"So you guys think, you boys are better than us. Am I right?" Sonia asked, placing her hands on her hips.

"No, it's not like that, sis." Manic said.

"Oh, really?" Sally asked, crossing her arms.

"We didn't mean it like that!" Mighty defended.

Honey rolled her eyes before saying, "Not because you're boys and we're girls, doesn't mean we're weak."

"We're not saying that you're weak. We just want you three safe." Espio explained.

"We could fight you know even before we have our relationship." Sonia replied. She turned to the two other girls and asked, "Right girls?"

Honey and Sally nodded in agreement. Manic and Mighty looked at each other before looking at Espio with a 'you-better-agree' look.

Espio threw his hands up and said in defeat, "I give up!"

The three girls cheered as they won the argument, making their boyfriends smile.

As they head out for their mission, the three boys couldn't help worrying for their girlfriends. They constantly asked the them if they were sure of their decision. The three girls always replies with a 'yes' even though, it annoys them every time the boys ask.

A fight ensued as they arrived at their enemy's lair.

[A/N: Just think of someone you want them to fight.]

Minutes later, they seemed to finish their mission successfully but not until their enemy turned the tides. Their enemy injured the girls and made them unconscious, making the boys furious, therefore, the fight favored them again. Using their anger as their fuel to fight, the villain laid on the ground battered and unconscious.

(End of Flashback)

–––––––––––––––

The girls were in separate rooms sleeping peacefully, accompanied by their boyfriends who watched them as they sleep. Usually, these three boys were calm or laid back as they handle the situation but the case is different this time.

–––––––––––––––

Manic sat at a chair near his girlfriend. He held Sally's hand as he waited for her to wake up and hear her voice again that always makes his day.

–––––––––––––––

Espio sat on the edge of Sonia's bed and watched his girlfriend anxiously for her to wake up again. Thankfully, his girlfriend's brothers didn't promised him death after what happened. It was a good thing Manic was there too because he explained everything to his brother.

–––––––––––––––

Mighty was standing and leaning by the wall as he waited for his girl to open her eyes. He missed seeing those orange colored eyes, even though it was just an hour before she lost consciousness.

–––––––––––––––

As the girls woke up, they expected their boyfriends to scold them or say that they were right and they should have listened. Not that they were gonna let the boys scold them, they were surprised when they got the opposite response they expect. The boys hugged them softly to avoid furthermore injuring the girls.

–––––––––––––––

"I'm surprised that you didn't tell me that I should have listened to you." Honey smiled a little as she let go from her boyfriend's hug.

"Seeing you're okay, I told you we were right." Mighty replied.

The yellow colored cat rolled her eyes and playfully said, "That you boys are better than us?"

"We really are better than you girls." The armadillo said proudly but he asked, "Want to know why we're better than you?"

Honey replied with a playful grin, "Oh, do tell me."

"It's because you girls make us better." Mighty replied, making the feline blush. She was caught off-guard when he kissed her right on the lips.

[A/N: I know really cheesy, right? I'm being sarcastic. I'm not the sweetest person so please understand. XD]

–––––––––––––––

Sonia enjoyed Espio's warm hug not until he let go and frantically looked for any other injuries and asked her questions. She rolled her eyes, not being used to Espio being a mother hen. She kissed the chameleon to shut him up, it worked effectively since he kissed back.

"You ask too many questions." Sonia said as she parted from Espio's lips. Suddenly, she cursed as she saw her clothes filled with dirt and small portions of blood stain. Espio shook his head and smiled as he knew his girl was back to normal.

–––––––––––––––

A few moments later, Manic let go of his girl as he said with a teasing grin, "I believe someone here deserves an apology." He pointed at himself, emphasizing his point.

Sally rolled her eyes and slapped him on the shoulder.

"Ow!" Manic complained as he rubbed his shoulder. He asked, "Is that how you say sorry?" "If it is, I really felt it. Thanks, anyway." He added sarcastically.

"I deserve an apology too." Sally said as she crossed her arms.

Manic shook his head and said, "I'm not apologizing until you do so."

Sally gave him a quick kiss on the lips.

"There." She simply said. "I hope that passes as an apology." She stood up from the bed and added, "Now, I really hope you say you're sorry too."

Manic dragged her back to the bed and kissed her on the lips.

"Done." Manic shortly stated.

–––––––––––––––

"I think it's safe to say that everything's back to normal." Manic said, the other five mobians nodded in agreement.

"Not everything though, you three promised that you'll stop treating us like damsels-in-distress." Sally clarified.

The three boys sighed but nodded nonetheless.

"But, we also promised that we'll keep you safe." Mighty added.

"No arguments there." The three girls agreed in chorus.