In The End

Book Title: Sonic: Collection of Short Stories
Chapter Title: In The End

Main Character/s: ALL main characters that appeared in the previous chapters.

Written By: PurpleAntiheroine

Idea Taken/Inspired From: The song, "In The End" by Linkin Park©

Requested By: (None)

Rated: PG-13

Disclaimer: I don't own the characters included in the story.

Characters are owned by SEGA©

OC's belong to their rightful owners.

Hope you all like it!
–––––––––––––––

(A Vampire Love Story-Do or Die Epilogue)

"We're so sorry, uncle Silver." Speedy, 17 years old, scratched the back of his head.

"We tried to reason with her." Junior, 18 years of age, explained.

Silver smiled softly, "It's alright boys. You didn't do anything wrong." He suggested, "Why don't you help your fathers with hunting red blood vampires?"

"Are you sure?" They asked in unison.

Silver nodded, "I'll go talk to her."

"If you say so./See ya later." Speedy/Junior remarked respectively. "Hey, uncle Shadow." They greeted as they came face to face with the black and red hedgehog on the hallway. The gruff hedgehog merely nodded at the two, who quickly took their leave.

"Something's wrong. Phoenix, isn't it?" Shadow inquired, noticing the snow white hedgehog's irritated face.

"When wasn't it about her?" Silver retorted, Shadow stifled a laugh. "Whose side are you on?" Silver raised a brow.

Shadow smirked, "No one."

Silver groaned, he didn't understand how Shadow found the whole father-daughter argument amusing. He ignored his vampire friend and made his way to his daughter's room. He took a deep breath and knocked on the room. He opened it slowly, greeted by the sight of his 14 year old daughter who was sitting on her bed and burying her face on her knees.

"Phoenix." He called out.

"Go away." The half-hedgehog, half-cat teenager rasped because of crying too much.

Silver sat on the end of his daughter's bed. "I'm sorry for shouting at you like that. It's just that, I was scared." He watched as his daughter didn't flinch or even look at him. He pressed on, "I already lost your mother." He scooted beside her and placed a hand on her knees, "I can't afford to lose you too."

She lifted her face, her gold colored eyes were red from crying. She asked, "Why did you and everybody else even taught me to fight if you wouldn't let me hunt red blood vampires?"

Silver sighed, "I just wanted you to be able to protect yourself even if nobody else is around." He continued, "I'm sorry for embarrassing you in front of everyone. I know you're not a kid anymore." He smiled, "But you'll always be my little girl." He scooted much closer and hugged her warmly.

She grinned, "Does this mean, I can help hunt red bloods?"

Silver gave her a sly smirk, "I'll think about it but there's a great chance I'm letting you."

Phoenix beamed and exclaimed, "Yes!"

"Only if..."

"Oh, come on dad." She pouted.