See You Again

Book Title: Sonic: Collection of Short Stories
Chapter Title: See You Again

Main character/s: Sonic and Tails

Written By: PurpleAntiheroine

Idea Taken From/Insipred From: The Song, "See You Again By: Charlie Puth and Wiz Khalifa©" and the movie, "Fast and Furious 7©."

Requested By: (None)

Rated: PG-13

Disclaimer: I don't own the characters included in the story.

Characters are owned by SEGA©

OC's belong to their rightful owners.

Hope you all like it!
---------------

"No!" That piercing cry was all he heard as darkness enveloped him.

---------------

It was supposed to be a normal day, Sonic knew it too well. He had it memorized: he'll stop old Egghead's 'evil' schemes, eat his favorite chili dogs, get chased by his fans and admirers, run away from them, and do it all with his bestfriend, no, Tails who is like a little brother to him. It was supposed to be like this but Sonic realized that it might not be always like this. Though, he didn't expect this'll happen sooner.

---------------

"Tails, do you copy?" Sonic asked through his communicator as he continued to avoid Eggman's missiles, where they reached the mountainside near the forest.

"Yep. I'll be there in 5 minutes." The young fox replied through the other end.

Sonic sighed in relief, thankfully, Tails was there to back him up. He has been running from Eggman or hours and it's starting to exhaust him. He looked up at his opponent and was just in time to barely dodge an upcoming missile. It exploded nearby, trapping the speedy hero in a sticky substance that he couldn't remove himself in.

He stared in horror at his arch-nemesis, who was now laughing wickedly at his supposed victory. Luckily, his little brother arrived just in time and fired his own missiles. The villain dodged the missiles, sending more at the two-tailed fox. This went on for a while until the evil doctor fired heat-seeking missiles.

Sonic felt himself smile for he knew his little brother could easily dodge it especially being a great pilot... no, he was wrong; Tails wasn't able to evade the missiles. The tornado, Tails' infamous plane, crashed to the forest, where Sonic couldn't see.

Hope slowly faded as he desperately shouted Tails' name and received no response. Sonic struggled to release himself but no avail, Eggman slowly made his way to him, his robot army following behind. He waited for it to end, to wake up from this nightmare.

Eggman slowly raised his hand to give the order but a blast stopped him. He turned to see the barely standing yellow fox, holding a gun. The evil scientist commanded his army to attack but Tails acted quickly. With his quick thinking, he fired a blast to the rocks above them which caused a rockslide, burying the army and, hopefully, Eggman for good.

Tails hobbled to where his dear big brother was and freed him with his gun as the blue blur took notice of the injuries and wounds. Sonic couldn't care less whether his hair is still covered with the gooey substance or he's exhausted, what's important for him: is to hug his little brother and bring him home with his remaining strength.

"Let's go home." Sonic said as he wrapped Tails' arm to his shoulder. "I got you, little brother." Sonic whispered to comfort the injured fox.

He carefully supported his little brother, whose right leg, left arm, and one of his tails was injured. He tried to contact their friends but Sonic realized that his communicator must have been damaged from the fight and Tails' communicator was destroyed along with his plane.