Fireflies

Book Title: Sonic: Collection of Short Stories
Chapter Title: Fireflies

Main Character/s: Amy

Written By: PurpleAntiheroine

Idea Taken/Inspired From: Disney Movies by Disney©

Requested By: (None)

Rated: PG-13

Disclaimer: I don't own the characters included in the story.

Characters are owned by SEGA©

OC's belong to their rightful owners.

Hope you all like it!
–––––––––––––––

"Come on, Shadow!" Princess Amy called as she ran.

Prince Shadow shook his head and reluctantly followed her.

"Princess Amy Rose! That is not how a proper princess acts!" Cosmo, the castle stewardess of Amy's family, followed the adventurous princess.

[A/N: I don't know if the term, 'castle stewardess' even exist, but I think that's the most specific/nearest term.]

"Relax Cosmo!" The pink hedgehog replied, shouting back.

"I'm gonna get in trouble, that's for sure." The seedrian mumbled as she continued to chase them.

–––––––––––––––

"What are we looking for, again?" Shadow asked a bit irritated as he watched the princess search for something on the garden.

"I told you, my new friend." She replied, not bothering to look at the prince as she continued to search.

"Friend? You mean that guy, you told me a while ago, who entered your room without permission? I don't see why you see him as a friend; according to what you said, he wore a gray hooded cloak that covered him entirely. How could you even identify if he's trustworthy, you didn't even saw his face. He must be dangerous, I think it's..."

Amy turned to the black and red hedgehog and defended, "Shadow, if he was truly dangerous, I wouldn't be standing in front of you unharmed. Besides, he comforted me from a nightmare last night."

Shadow sighed, "I couldn't convince you to stay away from him, huh?"

Amy nodded with a victorious grin plastered on her face.

"Just do me a favor: try to be careful." Shadow reminded as he crossed his arms.

Amy hugged him and said, "You're the best!"

Shadow blushed slightly at Amy's warm hug. He cleared his throat and spoke, "You can let go of me, now."

"Right." Amy said, complying to the prince's request. She turned around and continued her search.

"Mind telling me why you're searching the garden instead of ordering your family's guards to search outside?" Shadow asked, raising his eyebrow.

"And let my parents know? Not a chance. Besides, I saw him jump out of my window and hide in some bushes."

"Who knows, maybe he left when you weren't looking."

Amy sighed in disappointment, "I know. I guess, I was just hoping that I'll still see him here."

Shadow looked at her with concern so he said, "Don't be too disappointed, he might 'visit' you again tonight."

Amy smiled as she turned to him, her eyes glimmering with hope, "You think?"