The One That Got Away

Book Title: Sonic: Collection of Short Stories
Chapter Title: The One That Got Away

Main character/s: Shadow and Maria

Written By: PurpleAntiheroine

Idea Taken From/Insipred From: The Song, "The One That Got Away By Katy Perry©".

Requested By: (None)

Rated: PG-13

Disclaimer: I don't own the characters included in the story.

Characters are owned by SEGA©

OC's belong to their rightful owners.

Hope you all like it!
–––––––––––––––

Before we further knew him as a misunderstood and arch-nemesis/ally of Sonic, some saw him as an evil hedgehog created to destroy the world. We discovered that he was originally created as an immortal being, intended to help remedy incurable diseases. He was raised together with Maria Robotnik, granddaughter of Dr. Robotnik: his creator. Soon, G.U.N. agents tried to capture him but, fortunately, Maria was able to help him escape and sent him to Earth. That was the last time, Shadow ever saw her again...

–––––––––––––––

"We should...do that...again, Shads." Sonic smiled as he struggled to catch his breath from the running they did.

Shadow smirked and replied, "Will do, faker. Will do."

At first, the two of them didn't get along very much but now, they managed to try to be friendly yet competitive with each other.

"Want to catch lunch right now?" Sonic asked.

"Alright, faker." Shadow replied.

"Well then, last one to arrive there will have to pay the bill." Sonic smirked and soon it turned into another heated competition.

–––––––––––––––

The two hedgehogs enjoyed their lunch and talked (mostly Sonic since Shadow replied with short responses).

"Thanks for the lunch, Shads." Sonic said as he chowed the food served to them.

Shadow raised a brow, shook his head, and replied, "As I remember, faker, it was a tie between us so we will both pay."

Sonic pouted, "C'mon, Shads, could you pay this time? I promise I'll pay our lunch next time."

"No." Shadow replied shortly.

Sonic crossed his arms and said, "Alright, fine. We'll both pay."

"So you answered your admirers yet?" Shadow smirked teasing the blue blur.

"You really know how to cheer me up, Shads." Sonic spoke sarcastically.

"Speaking of the latter." Shadow paused as he saw the 2 girls close by.

"Gotta go. I promise I'll pay our lunch next time." Sonic hurriedly said and left.

"Wait, Sonikku/Sonic!" Amy and Sally yelled after him, chasing him.

Shadow sighed, paid the lunch, and left.

–––––––––––––––

He found himself laying on a field of grass and staring at the sky, longing for something or someone. This grassy fields was his hidden sanctuary, no one knew this place besides him. It allowed him to be himself, to ponder his greatest questions, to let out all of his frustrations, to reminisce various memories of his past, and to remind him the young blonde girl, who was the reason of his existence.