Everything Has Changed

Book Title: Sonic: Collection of Short Stories
Chapter Title: Everything Has Changed

Main character/s: Scourge and Danee (OC; belongs to Danee_The_Hedgehog)

Written By: PurpleAntiheroine

Idea Taken From/Insipred From: The Song, "Everything Has Changed By Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran©" and the game entitled, "Sonic and the Black Knight".

Requested By: Danee_The_Hedgehog from Wattpad

Rated: PG-13

Disclaimer: I don't own the characters included in the story.

Characters are owned by SEGA©

OC's belong to their rightful owners.

Hope you all like it!
–––––––––––––––

"What?" Danee exclaimed as she heard her father's announcement.

–––––––––––––––

(A few minutes ago...)

"Danee, your father requests your presence at the banquet table." Silver, the castle steward, said outside the princess' door.

"On what reason?" Princess Danee asked.

"It is better if he tells you himself." Silver replied.

"Very well, I shall be there after 10 minutes."

–––––––––––––––

(At the banquet table...)

"Father, Silver said you wanted to see me?" Danee inquired as she sat beside her father.

"Indeed. As you know, I'm not getting younger myself and you as the next heir to the throne will be fully responsible of our kingdom. And I suggest, you marry Prince Scourge of the Speed Kingdom." The King announced.

–––––––––––––––

(Present...)

"What?" Danee exclaimed as she heard her father's announcement.

"What seems to be the problem, my daughter?" The king asked as he raised an eyebrow.

"A lot. I will not marry that guy! He's self-centered, spoiled, braggart, egotistical, jerk, idiotic, flirt, and did I mention he's also full of himself!" Danee answered as she crossed her arms.

"Danee, as my heir, you must marry him." He explained.

"There are lot of princes out there, I can just marry any other prince." Danee emphasized.

"About that... almost every prince is married except him."

"How could that happen? Last time, I saw them, they were still single."

"Princess, that was about 2 years ago." Silver pointed out. "Prince Sonic of the Mobian Kingdom was married to Princess Amy of the Rose Kingdom about a year ago. Prince Miles was also married to Princess Cream. Prince Shadow from the Dark Kingdom is engaged to Princess Maria of the Light Kingdom."

"Why didn't anyone told me?"

"We were going to tell you but-" Silver was cut off.

"We thought it would be nice to surprise you since you two were childhood friends before." The king continued.

"Well, I was surprised..."

"In a bad way." Silver added.

"Besides, everything has changed." Danee sighed.