Closer

Book Title: Sonic: Collection of Short Stories
Chapter Title: Closer

Main Character/s: Shadow and Amy

Written By: PurpleAntiheroine

Idea Taken/Inspired From: ShadsyStar'sWish, who provided the idea

Requested By: ShadsyStar'sWish (A Guest Reviewer) from fanfiction. net

Rated: PG-13

Disclaimer: I don't own the characters included in the story.

Characters are owned by SEGA©

OC's belong to their rightful owners.

Hope you all like it!
–––––––––––––––

"So let me get this straight. You and Shadow went to Eggman's lair and fought him. Then, Eggman showed you his latest weapon and he was supposed to fire it at you but he accidentally hit Shadow instead. Am I correct?" Amy asked with disbelief.

"That pretty much sums it all up." Sonic replied.

"Though, there is one thing that keeps me from believing it." Tails said.

"What?" Sonic asked.

"How did you even convinced Shadow to help you in the first place?" Tails exclaimed.

"Exactly!" Amy agreed as she couldn't believe it too.

Sonic smiled sheepishly but still answered, "Let's just say, I promised him something."

"I still can't believe you convinced him." Tails said.

"Oh come on, how could you even not believe what I told you?" Sonic crossed his arms and sighed. "The evidence is right here." He snickered and held up Shadow, who was turned into a kitten. Shadow's fur was black with red streaks as his eyes stayed the same.

"Stop grinning, faker!" Shadow exclaimed and glared at the blue blur as he let him go.

"Oh come on, Shads. You look cute." Sonic stifled a laugh as he covered his mouth.

"I'll show you cute!" Shadow snapped angrily. He jumped on Sonic's face and clawed him.

"Gah! Get him off!" Sonic shouted, ran around the place and tried to remove the angry kitten but it clung to him tighter. "Ow! Shadow! Stop that!"

Tails sighed as Amy walked up to them and got Shadow from the blue speedster's face.

"You shouldn't have called him that. He's still a mobian hedgehog deep inside." Amy said as she rubbed the black and red kitten's head.

"You know you're scratching him right now, right?" Sonic stated teasingly.

"Touché... But look at him, he likes it." Amy said and looked at the kitten.

"What if me and Tails go to Egghead's and try to force him to find a way to change Shadow back while you take care of him?" Sonic asked.

"Why do you need to? Tails could change Shadow back, right?" Amy inquired.

"I think Sonic's right. We need Eggman's help so we could turn Shadow back to normal as fast as we could besides I need to know how he did it." Tails agreed.

"Alright, fine." Amy sighed as she sat at the couch and placed Shadow kitty on the couch. "I'll take care of him." She said and rubbed the kitten's head.

The blue speedster and the two-tailed fox quickly left to find a way to bring their friend back to normal.

"So, are you hungry?" Amy asked as she looked at the grumpy kitten.