𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

| Tallahassee Florida - 1:30pm |

Omniscient POV:

———————————————————————-

"Are you sure you're okay with going home? It's only been two days" Joy reminded her friend once she got out the shower.

"I have to Joy" Hallie sighed. "I need to help out with the funeral a-and" Hallie's voice cracked and Joy pulled her into a hug.

"Call me okay?"

"I will" Hallie assured before pulling out of the hug. Hallie walked downstairs with Joy and left the house before there was a knock on the back door.

Joy scrunched her face grabbing her glock out of the living room drawer before walking to the back door and seeing her mother.

"Ma" she sucked her teeth placing the gun on the dining room table and opening the back door.

"Hey Joy baby" her mom smiled walking into the house and placing her hands on Joy's face.

"Ma, wea you been? You smell terrible" Joy shook her head and locked the back door.

"I-I was with Damon" she grinned and Joy mugged her. "Ma ain't I tell you stop dealing with that nigga? He's nothing but trouble."

"Y-yeah but look" Tracey pulled out three hundred dollars. "I-I can pay most of the rent this month- a-and-"

"Ma, stop" Joy sighed, "I already paid the rent this month" Joy reminded her. "Ma we need to use that money to put you in rehab" Joy snatched the money and Tracy's frowned.

"Joy Joy Joy" she grinned. "I'm fine.....baby girl look at me, I'm fine. I can stop whenever I want to" Tracey tried assuring her daughter.

"Then stop Ma, this shit is slowly kill you!" Joy yelled before her phone started ringing. It was an unknown number so she ignored it.

"I'm fine" her mom walked over to the counter and pulled out a bottle of tequila before opening the bottle and drinking straight out of the bottle while Joy's phone started ringing again and it was the same number.

"WHAT?!" Joy yelled answering the phone. "I'm outside" she heard the deep familiar voice and she sighed before looking back at her mother who was sleeping on the kitchen floor with the bottle in her hand.

"Lord" Joy sighed before walking to the front door. She's opened the door seeing Hakeem's car and rolled her eyes.

"How did this fuck nigga get my number?" She thought before getting into the car and Hakeem locked the door.

"How ya home girl doing?"

"She fine, what do you want and how did you get my number?"

"I got my ways but say man, I heard you good with guns" Hakeem spoke causing Joy to nod. "Yeah my brother taught me when I was in middle school. Why?"

"I need ya help with something."

"Nigga I don't even know you, AND you got people after you." Joy shook her head.