𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛

| Tallahassee Florida - 1:30pm |

Omniscient POV:

———————————————————————-

Joy walked down the street in a black dress and black sunglasses. She had just left Makayla's funeral and was now headed back home since it was getting dark outside.

She turned the corner before hearing a car horn and looked seeing Hakeem. "Wea you going?"

"Home" Joy responded dryly. "Come on" Hakeem sent her a head nod before stopping and Joy got into the car.

Hakeem turned the air up before pulling off. "Wea you coming from?"

"My friends funeral, she was killed at the block party."

"Damn I'm sorry to hear that" Hakeem shook his head. "Thanks" Joy mumbled.

"I wanna show you something" Hakeem spoke up causing Joy to chuckle. "Why?"

"Ain't you tired of seeing the same lame ass ghetto?" Hakeem spat causing Joy to laugh. "This is all I know" she reminded.

"Okay so I wanna take you to see something new" Hakeem explained and Joy hesitantly nodded. "Do I need to change?"

"Nah you look good, you ate?"

"No not yet" Joy shook her head no and Hakeem nodded before heading to their destination.

Joy looked out of the window while Hakeem drove through the city.

She wondered why Hakeem was suddenly taking an interest to her. They had just met and he had a girlfriend but for once, Joy decided to keep her mouth shut about things.

Once at the restaurant, Hakeem got the car valeted and the two walked inside.

"Mr.Johnson" the lady at the desk smiled before grabbing two menus and escorting Joy and Hakeem to a booth.

Once they sat down, Hakeem and Joy picked up their menus. Joy examined the food items and looked over at the numbers written next to them.

"These the prices?" She questioned while Hakeem chuckled and slightly nodded. "Damn" she mumbled.

"I can't even pronounce some of this shit" Joy thought to herself before the waitress walked over with a bottle of champagne and two wine glasses.

"Give us a second Jess" Hakeem finally looked up and the skinny blonde haired white girl looked before nodding with a smile.

"You always come here?"

"Yeah I'm like a regular" Hakeem shrugged. "This place is really nice...and expensive."

"You ever been somewhere like this?" Hakeem questioned and Joy shook her head no. "So all you know is Ganther?"

"How could I know anything else? My momma ain't stable. I take care of myself....nobody's ever offered to take me anywhere else and I've never had enough money to go anywhere else" Joy spoke honestly.

"What's your plan for the future?"

"I don't know....I wanna leave Ganther so bad but....I have a lot of baggage and like I said before, Ganther is all I know...I couldn't see myself being anywhere else" Joy shrugged before putting the menu down.

"I have no idea what to get. Everything is too expensive for me-"

"Are you two ready?" The waitress walked back and Hakeem nodded.

"Yeah, we both gon have the filets, cooked medium with truffle butter" Hakeem explained while the waitress nodded before he continued. "We gon also have two waters to go with this" he pointed at the champagne.

"Yes sir" Jessica smiled and walked away. "So why did you decide to bring me here?"

"Wanted to do something nice fa you...seems like you had a long day" Hakeem shrugged while staring at Joy. He was trying to read her, just like he did everybody else.

Joy chuckled. "You don't even know me...."

Hakeem couldn't lie, Joy was beautiful and even though he didn't know her, he felt like she deserved more. He heard stories about her since the streets talk, but....he wanted to spend some time with her in person before he judged get based off of what other people said.

"I fuck with you Joy" was all Hakeem managed to say. "Why?"

"I just do" Hakeem shrugged, "Why can't you just accept that someone is tryna do something nice fa you."

"Because people aren't nice, and not people like you" Joy said honestly. "What's wrong with me?" Hakeem chuckled.

"You know" Joy glared, "I would've never expected somebody with so many....bodies" Joy said while hoping Hakeem would read between the lines and he did. He only chuckled at her statement, he thought it was cute that she was trying to read him.

"I'm not the only person in this world with a body" he shot back while Joy's eyes slightly widened but she didn't want him to know that his statement had caught her off guard.

"I don't know what you're talking about" was all she said before Hakeem smiled and nodded.

The rest of the night they talked, laughed and when the food came, ate.

Hakeem was actually good company, and Joy was different from what everybody else said. He could tell that she actually had a genuine soul.

"You ready?" Hakeem asked once Joy finished eating her desert.

He had already paid but they stayed a little longer talking and Hakeem let Joy finish her chocolate brownie and ice cream.

Joy nodded in response before Hakeem and her stood up. They walked out of the restaurant and Hakeem's car was pulled to the front.

"Do we have to go straight back?" Joy questioned once Hakeem started the car. "Where you wanna go?"

"Can we just ride around the city?" She questioned and Hakeem nodded. He knew that Joy didn't have many opportunities like this so he didn't mind, he didn't have anywhere else to be anyways.

———————————————————————-

Sorry for any mistakes!💕

Thoughts?👀