𝚂𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗

| Tallahassee Florida - 11:20am |

Omniscient POV:

———————————————————————-

"Hakeem where are we going?" Joy sighed. "Joy you been sittin in my crib for three days a now. We got shit to do" Hakeem sucked his teeth.

"We?" She mumbled. "Yes we now come on" he said grabbing his car keys while Joy followed close behind him.

They got into Hakeem's car before he pulled off and Joy remained quiet the whole ride.

The two pulled up at a beautiful house that wasn't too far from Hakeem's. "Where are we?"

"My moms" Hakeem said before getting out the car. Joy scrunched her face before Hakeem looked back at the car and signaled Joy to hurry up.

Joy got out of the car and before Hakeem could knock, his mom Victoria opened the door. "Hey baby" she grinned before pulling Hakeem into a hug and he smiled.

He loved his mom more than anything. As long as she was straight nothing else mattered.

"Who is this?" Victoria questioned after pulling out of the hug. "This is Joy" Hakeem said before attempting to walk in the house but Victoria stopped him.

"Okay? What that mean?" She mumbled. Joy heard the slick comment but decided to remain quiet since they were in front of Hakeem's mother.

"Ma, you trippin"

"Boy you know I don't like people in my house, especially not strangers" she scrunched her face.

"She ain't a stranger, she livin with me right now."

"Why? She pregnant?" Victoria questioned as if Joy wasn't in their presence.

"No I'm not pregnant....Hakeem is just a friend and I'm staying with him temporarily because my mom just died" Joy blurted out while catching Victoria by surprise.

She looked from Joy to Hakeem before sucking her teeth. "Come on, this baby look hungry anyways" she pushed Hakeem in the house and he sucked his teeth while Joy followed behind.

"When's the funeral?"

"This Friday"  Joy said while Victoria shut the door. "Baby where are your clothes? Them lil titties is popping out that white."

"I didn't know we would be coming to Hakeem's mothers house, I thought we were just getting food" Joy explained before noticing the amazing smell of food.

"Well don't just stand there, Hakeem show her the kitchen and make her a plate" Victoria explained before Hakeem started walking to the kitchen and Joy followed close behind.

They both washed their hands before Joy sat down and Hakeem started to make her a plate.

"You're mom seems..."

"Over the top?" Hakeem laughed and Joy smiled. "I love ha though, she my world for real" Hakeem smiled.

"I can tell" Joy thought to herself before Hakeem's phone started to ring while it sat on the table. "Can you see who that is?" Hakeem questioned before Joy picked the phone up from the table.