𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚟𝚎

| Tallahassee Florida - 6:00pm |

Omniscient POV:

———————————————————————-

"You sure about this?" Hallie questioned while on the phone with Joy. "Yes Hallie, it's Hakeem's brother" Joy shook her head while throwing on a grey jean jacket to match her outfit.

Hallie got into her car and sucked her teeth. "Okay and ? You ain't that nigga girl or anything" Hallie sat her phone in the cup holder and started her car.

"I know but if I don't go that looks hella sus-"

"Wait....I thought Shyon told you that he ain't have any siblings" Hallie scrunched her face while now driving.

"That's what he told me....we dated for a year and some months and I never met any of his family. Except for his cousin."

"Dre, the one that's locked up right?" Hallie questioned and Joy nodded. "Yeah....anyways, you headed to the park?"

"Yeah, you sure I can't jus get you from the house?"

"Yeah Hakeem don't like people knowin wea he stay at....anyways ima start walking there" Joy said and Hallie nodded before Joy hung up.

Joy grabbed her purse before texting Hakeem and leaving the house.

Joy:  Just left the house to meet Hallie

Keem🖤: Ight, you locked the door ?

Joy: ofc

Joy started walking to the park while listening to "Betrayed" by Lil Xan. She loved this song for some reason. She felt like it was a vibe, especially when she was walking alone.

Once Joy made it to the park, she sat on the swings waiting for Hallie. She ended up waiting for ten minutes before Hallie pulled up.

Joy got into the car and Hallie instantly puked off. "So Hakeem taking you home right?"

"Yeah, he would've took me to the party but he was going to handle some business today and since I took off today, I just wanted to lay down" Joy explained. "Nah I get that" Hallie nodded before turning the radio up and "We not humping" by Monaleo ft Flo Milli started playing.

Joy started rapping to the song before noticing a red mark around Hallie neck. Joy scrunched her face before turning the radio slightly down.

"What's wrong your neck?" Joy questioned and Halie chuckled. "You know how that nigga Chris is....he just got a little too rough when we was fucking" Hallie shrugged, "you sure?"

"Girl yes Damn" Hallie laughed. "I ain't lettin no nigga put his hands on me" she waved Joy off and Joy just shrugged.

Once they arrived back into the hood, Joy looked around and everyone outside for the party. She hadn't been over here since her mom was killed.

The girls got out of the car and walked up to Chris and Hakeem who were taking to two girls. "Hey" Hallie smiled and Chris grinned. "Wassup baby" he pulled her close and kissed her forehead. "I thought you was lying about the whole girlfriend thing" the girl mugged Chris before walking away with her friend.

"Having fun?" Joy smiled at Hakeem. "Now I am" he sent her a grin back and she chuckled. "This is a big party for your brother...I never knew you guys were related."

"Yeah, you know him? I know y'all went to school together for a while."

"Oh I-" Joy mumbled before her phone started to ring. It was an unknown number so Joy ignored it and looked up realizing that Hakeem was staring at her.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing....you're just beautiful" Hakeem smirked a little. "Hakeem Johnson....so bold" Joy teased while Hakeem laughed and wrapped his arm around her.

"I've liked having you around Lil one" he said pulling her close while Joy shook her head. "I like being around, but what about Tatiana?"

"I'm not tied down to anyone Joy"

"I understand that" she nodded. "But..."

"But?" Joy questioned while looking up at Hakeem, "but I like you" Hakeem admitted while Joy chuckled. "You like me?"

"Nigga I said it once, don't make me say it again" Hakeem joked while Joy laughed. "I guess I like you too"

"You guess?"

"I do like you" Joy corrected herself. "So....what does that mean for us?"

"It means, we take things slow" Hakeem kissed Joys forehead and she laughed. "Who are you and what have you done with Hakeem Johnson?"

"Move" Hakeem pushed Joy and she laughed. "So you down? I'm not the relationship type but I really fuck with you."

"Yeah I'm down" Joy nodded before Tatiana walked up to the two with her sister following close behind.

"Did you block me?" She mugged Hakeem. "Tatiana move" he mugged. "We need to talk" she rolled her eyes before glancing at Joy. "ALONE."

"No" Hakeem laughed and Tatiana nodded. "Fine...I'm pregnant" she smirked and Hakeem's eyes widened "and OF COURSE, it's yours."

"Okay well this is....weird" Joy thought to herself while they all stood there silent.

———————————————————————-

Sorry for any mistakes!💕
Thoughts?👀