𝙽𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

| Miami Florida - 8:30am |

Omniscient POV :

—————————————————————-

Joy woke up to the smell of pancakes and bacon. She slowly opened her eyes and noticed she wasn't at home. She was at Hakeem's house.

"What the fuck?" She mumbled. She looked down seeing that she was in one of Hakeem's shirts and only her panties.

"What the hell happened last night?" She thought to herself as she stood up and walked to the bathroom. She looked at herself in the bathroom mirror and took a breath before washing her face and brushing her teeth.

After all....this was technically her place too, she just didn't understand why she was here.

Once Joy was finished, she walked downstairs before seeing Kelly cooking in the kitchen.

"Oh...good morning Mrs.Johnson, your husband left a note."

"Umm it's Ms.Jackson but you can call me Joy, and my husband?"

"Yes, Mr.Johnson, here you go"  Kelly handed Joy a note and Joy read it.

"I wanna make things right between us, I know you probably don't remember what happened last night so let's make today all about us. Wear something nice."

~Keem

Joy rolled her eyes as Kelly made her a plate. "Here you go Mrs- I mean...Joy."

"Thank you...what's your name?"

"Kelly ma'am, there's extra on the stove if you want some mor-"

"Girl no" Joy laughed, "Make you a plate and sit with me. It'll be good for me to have someone new to talk to."

"Oh...oh okay" Kelly smiled.

After eating, Joy got dressed and took pictures of her outfit before smiling. "Yup I did that" she grinned.

Hakeem pulled up at the house and texted Joy to come outside

When she walked outside, he licked his lips and admired the view. "Damn bae" he smiled as she got in the car.

"Not too much" she rolled her eyes. "You still mad at me?"

"Hakeem don't start" Joy sighed, "baby I want you to come home."

"Hakeem I'm not coming back, I just got this place with Hallie and we're doing good" Joy explained.

"Ight well I got something for you, so can we just enjoy today?"

"Fine" Joy nodded before Hakeem pulled off.

After driving a few minutes away, Hakeem pulled up at a restaurant. He had valet park his car before him and Joy walked inside.

"This is nice" Joy mumbled while Hakeem talked to the lady at the front desk.

After a few seconds, she escorted them up a spiral staircase and they reached the rooftop.

"Reserved just for you Mr.Johnson."

"Thank you" Hakeem smiled before taking Joys hand and showing her where to sit.

"You reserved this all for us?" Joy questioned after sitting down and Hakeem nodded while doing the same thing.

"I wanted to make it special."

Joy picked up the menu sand examined the food and the prices.

"Damn this shit expensive" she thought to herself. "I wanted to give you a genuine apology for what I did."

"Mhm" Joy hummed with her face still in the menu. Hakeem sucked his teeth and grabbed Joys hand causing her to look up.

"I'm serious. I never wanted to hurt you. I...."

"You what Hakeem?" Joy rolled her eyes. "I love you" he blurted out, "I never thought it would get to this point but....I see a future with you Joy. I see us having kids and even getting married. I don't want no harm coming your way."

Hakeem's words took Joy back by surprise. She didn't know what to say. She was at a lost for words.

He cheated on her, so how could he love her?

"You're having a baby with another woman."

"And that child is going to be my world but......I only want to experience that with you. I want you by my side Joy, through it all, ride or die."

"Ride or die?" Joy questioned and Hakeem nodded while she gave him a small smile in return.

"Okay.....but baby steps."

"Of course" Hakeem grinned. "Here I got you something" he reached in his pocket before pulling out two plane tickets.

"What's this for?"

"We're going to Greece."

"Really?" She smiled and Hakeem nodded.

If only Joy knew that those words "ride or die" had a deeper meaning in her life than she thought....

———————————————————————-

Sorry for any mistakes!🌸

Thoughts?