𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛

| Miami Florida  - 4:30pm |

Joy Jackson's POV :

—————————————————————-

"Sit here" the officer instructed and Joy nodded before sitting down at a round table.

She patiently waited before Hakeem appeared in handcuffs. He looked as clean as he did when he entered the prison.

Joy took off her glasses as Hakeem sat down. "Where's Miracle?" He asked referring to their daughter.

"She's with Hallie along with Hakeem Jr....Tatiana isn't doing well."

"What do you mean?" Hakeem mugged, "I mean she's doing bad Hakeem, her liver is terrible from all the drinking...doctors give her a few months" Joy sighed while Hakeem remained quiet.

"If you want your son, I need Tatiana to sign papers to give me custody" Joy explained. "That's not gonna happen...you ain't family."

"I could be a though" Joy assured with a straight face. "If we get married"

"You wanna get married?!" Hakeem questioned, "I don't want to but it's the only way to assure Hakeem Jr's safety....unless you want him with Tatiana's raggedy ass family" Joy rolled her eyes.

"You sure about this?" Hakeem questioned. Joy had her own plan in mind. While Hakeem was sitting her waiting to get out, she was going to become the new boss and call all of the shots.

He owed her anyways...he killed her brother. That's all her nephew and Cherry had left...all she had left.

"Okay, when can we do this?"

"My next visit, I'll have everything set."

"Ight" Hakeem slightly nodded. He didn't believe in marriage, but he knew what he had with Joy was real. She stuck beside him through everything and now he was going to do the same for her and their daughter.

"Your time is up" The officer stated before standing Hakeem up.

Joy watched as Hakeem was guided away before he turned around and mouthed the words "I love you" while Joy nodded.

Love was a funny word to Joy. She never really understood it. Her mom claimed she loved her but never really showed it. Hakeem claimed she loved her but cheated on her and killed the only family she had left, and he did it without feeling bad. He didn't care how Joy or anybody else felt, as long as he got his revenge.

-

-

-

"How did the visit go?" Hallie questioned once Joy walked into the house. "Fine, we're gonna go through with the marriage."

"Really?" Hallie asked in a shocked tone while Joy nodded. "Yeah, its whatever...where's the kids"

"Upstairs sleep, they all needed a nap. I swear Hakeem Jr and Kameron is too much together" Hallie rolled her eyes while Joy chuckled.

"Girl I just feel like I been running around all day" Joy sighed and sat on the couch. "Girl I've been running around with these damn kids" Hallie shook her head and sat beside Joy.

"I never thought this would be our lives" Hallie shook her head, "Real shit though" Jou laughed.

"So now that you're getting married, what happens now?" Hallie questioned while Joy smiled.

"Ima take over Hakeem's team."

"What?!" Hallie looked at her best friend as if she was insane.

"Queen of Ganther....mm...Florida Queen....Got a nice ring to it." Joy grinned.

𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙴𝚗𝚍

————————————————————————

Sorry for any mistakes

-

-

-

Book 2 coming soon....