The Liar, The Witch and The Loser

I floated down in front of the Senate building. Annabeth, Percy and Thalia waving me down. Campers, senate members and civilians filed into the senate buildings main doorway one after the other. Terminus barking orders and triple checking all entries as they filed in. Last thing we would want is to repeat the senate bombings from last year.

The three demigods were adorn in a toga of their choice. Blue for Percy, grey for Annabeth and black for Thalia. The three of them pulled their togas up constantly. Which I understood, the first time is always uncomfortable. 

But before I could land, a familiar voice called to me. "BIG JASON!!!"

I turned around midair. A few yards away from the others, Mini Jason waved to me from the shoulders of his father. His parents waved to me, gesturing for me to come down in front of them. The family wore matching golden togas. Mini Jason wore a black tux matching his fathers while his mother wore a white long sleeve shirt and white leg pants with white heels.

Before I could even land, Mini Jason threw himself himself on me. To the dismay of his father. I caught him, the two of us sharing a big hug. 

"How's it going, Mini Jason?" I asked him.

Mini Jason dropped down to the ground, placing his fists on his hips and puffing his chest out. "Guess what?" 

I shook the hands of his parents. His father was built like an oak tree. Tall, chocolate brown skin, brown eyes and a bald head. Strong and sturdy, shaking his hands was like shaking hands with an automation. Hard to believe he and I were distant relatives, seeing as he is a descendant of Jupiter. 

"Good to see you doing well, Big Jason." His father told me while we shook hands. "My boy was worried sick for you. Kept Janet here up all night with worried. 

I shrugged, trying to stay cool. "All in a days work. Sorry to worry you all."

My hand ached once I moved to his mother. His mother was practically the same height as her husband. Her light brown skin shining in the moonlight and dark brown eyes greeted me with warmth. She too had shaved her hair in support of her son. The gesture was sweet reminding me of when Sam and Max did the........

I dropped the thought as fast as I could. Not in front of everyone else.

"Thank you, Jason." His mother continued. "Not many Praetor's would take the time to visit anyone in the infirmary while in recovery. I wish you were around when Kaleb and I were in service."

Kaleb laughed , a booming sound, like thunder. "That's for sure. John really had a stick up his-"

"Excuse me!" Mini Jason called out, still in the exact same pose. 

His parents jumped. "Sorry!" Janet cried out. "Sorry about that sweety." She clapped her hands together. "Jason here has some big news share."

I focused on Mini Jason, waiting in anticipation. "Well mini me?"

Mini Jason smiled with his dazzling white teeth. "I BEAT CANCERS ASS!" He cried out.

He was immediately cut short by his father, who firmly slapped the back of his son's head. Gentle enough not to hurt him, but also firm enough to startle him. "Boy! If you don't apologize to Jason, your mother and myself right now, so help me Jupiter! Who taught you that nonsense?"

Mini Jason rubbed his head. "Sorry everyone, I got a little excited." He cleared his throat, trying to summon his energy back. "I mean, I beat cancer! It's in remission now!"

I awkwardly stood there while Mini Jason's parents chided him for his foul mouth. While they did that, my mind drifted towards the thought I had earlier. I recalled the day Sam and Max surprised me with fully shaved head of hair. I had lost most of my hair after Luke and Justice's attempt to raze New Rome using Onagers equipped with greek fire.