Chap. 7

SODA:

I had been sick for several days with I don't even know what, but today I had to get out of bed whether I was better or not.

I rolled out of bed and stood up on shaky legs before walking into the bathroom. I flinched at the sight in the mirror, horrified that Keenon of all people had seen me like this. He was just so nosy and persistent and flirtatious, it was annoying.

I brushed my hair out and fishtail braided it down my shoulder, fluffing up my bangs and brushing my teeth before heading out into the hall. I could hear voices coming from the kitchen so I slowed down and strained to hear.

"You have no idea, man. She is an all time ass."

That was Keenon, I would know that deep, rough voice anywhere. How dare he call me names! I'm letting him stay in my freaking apartment and then he goes and insults me behind my back. Wow dude, you're so nice.

"Toby told me about the deal," said another deep voice that I didn't recognize. "I think he has a point. You need to live with someone before you get used to being alone again. I don't think it's good for a person to go from being attached to someone to being alone in every way."

"You sound like my psychiatrist," Keenon muttered.

"Well I am studying to be one."

"I don't like it," Keenon huffed. "It's weird knowing your friend is always analyzing what you do."

"You make me sound like a stalker," said the second voice with a chuckle.

"Might as well be," he mumbled back just as I decided to walk around the corner.

I kept quiet, ignoring them as they both openly stared at me. Real subtle guys. The empty fridge reminded me that I needed to go grocery shopping, but thankfully the apple juice wasn't all gone. I could hear the two boys mumbling to each other while I poured myself a glass. I glanced at them when they weren't looking and noticed the second guy had red hair and freckles with a decent build and probably average height. He looked like the partying type, chatty and way too friendly for my liking.

"Hey gorgeous," he called out suddenly, making me cringe and clench my jaw.

"Don't bother," Keenon said with a sigh, "She doesn't speak unless she's insulting you. I actually prefer the silence."

I scoffed and grabbed my keys off the counter before heading out the door.

"Bye gorgeous!" the red head yelled after me.

I took the elevator to the first floor and hurried past the desk, determined to avoid getting flirted with by the desk clerk. Once outside, I took a deep breath and dialed Jasmine.

"Hey baby girl!" came her constantly perky voice through the phone.

"Hey Jaz, you gonna be at the studio today?"

"Yeah, around 11:00. Are you?"

I unlocked my car, deciding against the motorcycle, and slid into my seat. "Yeah I'll be there."

I hung up after that, pulling out of the lot and heading to a private studio. I knew Jasmine was used to being hung up on when it came to me, so her feelings weren't hurt.

About twenty minutes later, I pulled up in a gravel lot and got out, grabbing my duffel I kept in the backseat before going inside. The studio was my sanctuary, my second home. The walls were beige and the floor was wooden, a calming mix of colors that just made the atmosphere feel different.

I changed into sweatpants and my black sports bra with a loose white tank top over it that didn't quite cover my stomach all the way, showing off my belly button ring. Stepping from the bathroom, I put my bag on the counter known as the front desk and headed toward the dance room.