Chap. 25

SODA:

"Wh- what are you doing here?" I whisper yelled in his ear, glancing back at my brother's group. "You shouldn't be here."

His eyes turned serious as he took in my worried face. "I just wanted to see you, heard you were having some trouble is all. You okay, Soda?"

His voice was thick with concern as he peered into my eyes, no doubt gathering all the information from them that my mouth wasn't saying.

"I'm okay, Matt, it's just-"

"Please, don't lie to me," he said in my ear with a strained voice.

I stopped my lie and realized with a sudden intake of breath that he knew about Boss's threats. He had to. He always did have his ways of finding things out. I felt my heart speed up as his lips dropped down to my neck and hovered there before kissing a soft spot lightly, making me moan. So far, he was the only one that could do that.

He looked back at me with a grin, not a cocky smirk, and leaned his forehead against mine. "Still weak for me I see."

I rolled my eyes but couldn't stop the smile that spread across my lips. "In your dreams."

"You know it," he said with a wink, releasing his hold on me as Keenon appeared suddenly by our side.

I flushed and took a step back from Matt. "Uh, Keenon, this is a uh... a friend of mine, Matt. Matt, this is Keenon, my new roommate."

Matt's eyebrows shot up in surprise as he looked at me. "Soda Fontan agreed to having a roommate? What happened to you? Have you gone soft on me?"

I chuckled as Keenon and Matt shook hands, a look of confusion plastered on Keenon's face. Before I could say anything, Brody came out of nowhere with a drink in his hand and wrapped an arm around Matt's neck.

"Hey man! Haven't seen you in years, where you been?"

I rolled my eyes. Brody didn't even technically know Matt, he just liked to think and act like he did because he thought Matt was cool. I mean, he was. Matt had black hair and bright blue eyes with a jawline to die for and a body that rocked my world, which is saying something coming from me. He always wore sexy clothes that made people label him as badass, but I didn't mind. Badass was my type. At one point in my life, I had been in love with this particular badass, and kissing him wasn't doing a great job of making me forget.

"Uh, around," Matt answered Brody with a small shrug, leaning away from his arm as he spoke. Matt was like me, not much for physical contact with anyone. We had issues with being touched.

"Well nice to see you dude," Brody said, punching his arm. "Soda missed you too, don't let her fool you."

He winked and walked back to his friends abruptly, leaving me with a grinning Matt and frowning Keenon.

"You missed me?" Matt asked with such hope that it was too adorable to argue.

"Maybe," I muttered, not willing to get his hopes up. I'm not that cruel. I knew both of us would not be able to handle all that again.

He pressed a kiss to my cheek, making tingles spread through me. I hated myself for how I responded to him. I knew he felt the same because of his pounding heart I could feel through his black button up.

"Uh, should I disappear for a minute?" Keenon asked quietly.

Matt shot him a grin and nodded sheepishly. "I promise not to steal her or anything, she'll be back with you in no time."

That actually seemed to make Keenon relax the slightest bit as he nodded at me once and walked toward Toby and some girls.

"He's nice?" Matt said cautiously, watching him leave before grabbing my hand.