Exams with a Side of Drama

"Guys, I know you're tired of me doing this, but it's protocol, okay?" Mrs. Golde said, and we all stopped packing to leave homeroom. 

"Fangirl School isn't like any other school, but we still have exams. They're very easy to study for; all you have to do is read The Lightning Thief and the first chapter of the Sea of Monsters to study. That's all. Of course, it gets harder as you go, by The Last Olympian year they'll be quizzing you on all five books plus the first chapter of The Lost Hero. You may not know, but Lightning Theif years actually take their summer break on the last day of March, since in the past LightningThief years have proved crazy with April Fools pranks. Anyway, It's March 4th, your written exam is on the 29th, your practical is on the 30th. You'll see what you have to do in the practical. It's a surprise." There was a little twinkle in Mrs. Golde's eyes when she said that. "Now, for some of you, I won't be your homeroom teacher next year, but I might end up with one or two of you." She glanced at the clock. "I have to let you go now or else Mr. King will kill me so be quick, okay? Have a good one!" 

We all left again. 

"Stressing as usual?" Delphine asked Fiona as she caught up to us. 

"I'm only stressed about the coming years when we'll be tested on more than one book. Can you imagine being tested on Percy Jackson, the Heroes of Olympus, and the Trials of Apollo? I'm so glad that's not me," Fiona said. 

"Oh, it'll be me," Delphine said. "I've always been told I'll never get to college. Trials of Apollo is the college of Fangirl School." 

"You don't want a taste of the real world after eight years in Fangirl School? You'll take seven more?" Fiona asked, baffled. 

"Yup," Delphine said, popping the p, just because she knew it annoyed Fiona.  

All I can say was, Delphine's lucky she sits on the other side of the room, away from Fiona and her "how-dare-you-pop-a-p-in-front-of-me" glare. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later, at lunch, all anyone could talk about was the exams.  

"I barely remember anything that happened in the book!" Giovanni admitted. "All I remember was that Percy almost died." 

"So basically he remembers everything," Xavier joked, earning a few laughs. 

"All I'm worried about is the practical," Fiona said. "Are they gonna ask us to act out a scene or something?" 

"I think they'll give us a robot monster to fight, or something," Lucas said.  

"Fiona, Y/N, can I talk to you guys real quick?" Delphine asked. She was standing between me and Fiona. I admit I hadn't even noticed that she wasn't sitting with us until now. 

Fiona and I got up and followed Delphine to the hallway. 

"I thought we weren't friends with Janet," Delphine folded her arms and looked at us; not sternly or angrily, but in a disappointed kind of way. 

"We aren't," Fiona raised her eyebrows. 

"Then why exactly did Janet come up to me and say 'I know you like Lucas,' when you two were the only ones I told?" Delphine questioned, raising her own eyebrows.  

I looked at Fiona and she looked back at me; I gulped then admitted to Delphine about the conversation we'd had two days ago. 

"You what?!" Delphine exclaimed. 

"But I promise, there was no one else in the bathroom!" Fiona said. "I checked every stall and every corner. No one was there but Y/N and I!" 

"Then how did she find out?" Delphine sounded really impatient. 

"I think she listened in from the outside," I said, slamming my hand on my forehead at my stupidity. 

 "Look, just forget about it, okay? Lucas knows we aren't friends, he's been at our table for the past three or four days. If he asks, just say she's lying," Fiona said. 

Delphine still looked worried, but she nodded and went back to the cafeteria. 

Jeveskia raised her eyebrows at me when I came back. I knew we were being really secretive and leaving her with all the boys and that probably wasn't fair, but I mouthed, Later. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That night, after getting the OK from Fiona and Delphine, I texted Jeveskua and told her everything. She told me Janet wouldn't dare do anything with Xavier on our side, since she liked him (Texting, Time, and Trick Or Treating) and still wanted him back. I told Delphine and Fiona this, who seemed relieved and glad they had something against Janet.