Chapter 13: Seikatsu and Zoroark's trauma

It was the summer of sixteen years ago, when Seikatsu was four and met Zorua, the Pokémon who signed her principal Pokémon Types trio. She had already met Banette, which had joined her family from a bit, and with him, Latios which was still a puppy and grandpa Drake, she was going to Unova, during one of those business trips of her grandpa in order to meet Haxorus, Druddigon and Hydreigon, and also trading with Drayden, Opelucid's Gym Leader. When Seikatsu saw him, her and Banette, that were holding hands, had to keep laughs to themselves for the Gym Leader's beard. Seikatsu remembered well that moment that made her laugh, Banette's comments and the one made by Latios telepathically, and when she told them to Raihan, even him laughed at that beard that was really incommendable.

Seikatsu remembered that when her, grandpa and Drayden were nearby a wood, she had perceived something strange: better, Latios had felt a presence that was crying for help. As Seikatsu did the next year in Galar with Nickt and Zigzagoon, she didn't say anything to her grandpa and disappeared with Banette and Latios. In the beginning, Drake didn't really like Banette, as Ghost-Types in general tend to make disappear children, so he didn't trust the Pokémon, although he knew Banette's backstory. Banette was more self-aware than Seikatsu, and Latios were about to get in trouble, so for that reason, he decided to stay beside her.

In the meantime, a little Zorua was running away from Pokémon Hunters that had captured him and his mom, a Zoroark with an atipic colour palette, and so she was the rarest. Being as very powerful as rare Pokémon, Zoroarks were hunted, so Mom Zoroark shouted to her kid to run away, that she had thought about to make going away those monsters. Zorua, scared and disoriented, ran breathlessly and always straight, sometimes turning his head back in order to see if his persecutors were chasing him, but when he turned meanwhile he jumped very highly, he fell on a Galvantula's web. He got stuck there, starting howling, and he hoped that his mom could hear him. But mom never came, although a kid arrived with two really weird Pokémon. When Seikatsu saw him, she wasn't only sorry for him, but she got amazed by that small creature:"Don't be afraid cute puppy, me and Latios are gonna save you!" Seikatsu jumped on Latios and reached Zorua, petting him a bit in order to calm him down. Zorua calmed because he perceived the kid as a puppy, exactly like him. Seiktasu held him and tried to pull him away, but when she looked up, she found in front of her a giant Galvantula with red eyes: Seikatsu, Zorua and Latios screamed all together, but then other Galvantulas came and spat String Shot on her and Latios, getting trapped on the web. Banette got furious and started to use any move he knew, defeating many Galvantulas with one shot only: he was really old, even though it didn't seem but he already knew how to fight very well. Banette didn't spare himself, but the Galvantulas were too many and they knew Bite: Banette manged to dodge some, but from some took some hits and he managed to face the Alpha Galvantula and making him falling down from the web.

Latios, Seikatsu and Zorua were terrified, but the Eon Pokémon calmed down and, with his psychic powers, tried to take a ponty stone to cut the web. He tried to set himself free first, then his Trainer, with Banette that was about to be knocked out by the Alpha Galvantula. He managed to set himself free and then set free Seikatsu, who jumped on his back and she set Zorua free, holding him. Alpha Galvantula didn't want to let his preys going away, and he hit Latios with Pin Missle, making him falling down and KO. Seikatsu held Zorua in order to not ger him injured. Banette was on the edge of faint as he saw Seikatsu crying scared, holding Zorua, with Galvantula that was progressively approaching them.

Luckily, when Banette was basically on the ground, injured and tired, he saw Drake and Drayden coming with Salamence and Hydreigon: the two ordered to the Pokémon to use Flamethrower, and that attack made all Galvantulas escaping, the Alpha too. Banette got back on his feet slowly and floated, in a crooked way, towards Seikatsu, who hugged him tightly. After that scene, replayed by both Latios' memories and Zorua's illusion immediately after, Drake got convinced that Banette wasn't dangerous, unlike he was thinking. Drake hugged his granddaughter, who was holding Zorua, which stayed with her, aware that he was safe and that one day he would had found his mom again.

Since that traumatic day, Zorua got affectionated to Seikatsu and chose to be caught, then he learnt to speak like humans do. He let being caught because he wanted to become strong and coming back to his mom in order to show her that he was refugeed well.

When Seikatsu finished her story, Zoroark jumped on the bed and threw his face on Seikatsu's lap, and she petted his head. Raihan petted Zoroark too, sweetly, even though he felt more weight on his legs:"Now I see why you reacted that way in front of Centiskorch. But other Bug-Types are different from Galvantula. Except for Ariados and Araquanid, indeed." Seikatsu sighed:"I can't tell you why, but we're afraid of them. Also, when I saw Golisopod, I felt sick, but I managed to keep control. Seeing one so giant..." Raihan hugged her tighter:"C'mon babygirl, don't worry. May one day you'll be over it."-"I don't know. You've got some trauma to share?" Raihan laughed:"Maybe with Fairy-Type. Might be more Opal who gets you shivering. Now she retired, and you'll have to face Bede, her successor. I already tell you: he's acid and arrogant, but worse than you. He'll understimate you a lot, know it."-"I don't break kids, I disintagrate them. Don't worry, I've got useful Pokémon to beat him. I must find them." Raihan let out a big sigh, then:"Can I count as a trauma the day we've met, and Banette popped out behind me, talking to me?"-"I thought that just saying The day we met was enough to indicate a trauma."-"Oh, we're into self-mockery now? What a big step! Anyway, I risked to be biten by Trapinch many times, then I had to face many humuliating defeats in front of everybody. You know, it's really stressful when you lose in front of everybody." Seikatsu nodded:"I see. Zoro, please, don't fall asleep like this, 'cause when you sleep, you become three times heavier than when you're awake. You've got your own physics laws, not from this world." Zoroark lifted up and looked in her face:"Ah ha, spoke the Lady who flies at 200km/h speed without buggering off." Then Zoroark hugged her around her waist, and when Latios and Banette came into the room too, Banette exclamed:"Heya! I want a hug too!" And he jumped over those three, more specifically into Zoroark's fur, then Raihan looked at Latios and smiled at him:"C'mon, come here you too! I can read in your face that you want a hug." Latios moved Raihan ahead with his psychic powers and went behind his back. Seikatsu petted Latios, and Raihan started to play with Zoroark's fur:"Seika, what happens if I dig my hand into it?"-"That's gonna be sucked into it, and you'll never find it again."-"What?!" Zoroark grumbled, then:"She says like this 'cause I've got her secret diary, and she doesn't want that it would be found. Plus, Ban has the key, but I don't suggest you putting a hand in his throat." Banette added:"Also because I don't agree about having a hand stucked inside by surprise, if you let me. I don't  think that you humans like receiving a hand inside of you without consent." Raihan and Seikatsu laughd loudly, after Raihan layed more, with his head and half chest on Latios, Seikatsu layed on Raihan as he was hugging her, Zoroark curled close to them, meanwhile Banette fell asleep in his fur. Seikatsu fell asleep, relaxed, by listening to Raihan's heartbeat, happy to have found someone who calmed her down from those fears that she and her Pokémon had difficult to deal with. Raihan instead, stayed awake for a while, thinking about what he had just went through, about how much he felt lucky and happy to have seen again that girl who was the same kid who gave him a Trapinch, about how much it was funny spending time with her and those three Pokémon that were as absurd as their Trainer. He didn't regret at all having stopped his trainings in order to follow her during the Gym Challenge, and mostly he had never felt his house so beautiful, with the sensation of really being at home. He fell asleep a little bit later, happy and mostly sure that his day really ended in the best way of ever.