Chapter 18: Seikatsu vs Bede

The next day, Seikatsu woke up with the usual and involuntary Raihan's presence, pressed against her belly, but this time she didn't complain but tried to move a bit, but Raihan was holding her to him whenever he felt that she was trying to get away. Seikatsu had understood that Raihan was feeling down, but also that he didn't want to say what he was struggling with: she understood that Raihan was those kind of people that when they struggle, especially emotionally, they don't say it and keep everything to themselves. Seikatsu would had avoided to talk about Galvantula's trauma too, but the situation and the events had led her to open up. She didn't question him and didn't move: as Raihan had given her time to get back after being scared by Centiskorch, she did the same for him: it wasn't only about gratitude and respect towards who didn't let her alone, in a region that she didn't know and visited once fifteen years ago, but also because she felt that they had built a true bond, that her Gym Challenge wasn't like what she had done before, and especially her bond with Raihan was something unique.

They stayed awake in silence, hugged, for at least thirty minutes from the awakening, until Raihan didn't take the phone to check the texts after he heard a notification. He took a long breath of relief, then he sat and looked at Seikatsu smiling:"Let's get ready: the sooner we face Bede, the better it is. Also, because I've got my match against Iris today." Seikatsu nodded, then:"Everything's okay? If you need time or just to talk, you can do it." Raihan smiled:"No, don't worry. There's nothing to worry about. Anyway, I must do a little errand, in the meantime  go to Ballonlea. I'll reach you there as soon as possible and I'll warn you when I'm done, okay?" Seikatsu nodded, a bit gloomy, and Raihan kept:"Are you sad that I'm going alone, aren't you?" She nodded again:"Yeah, a little bit I do. But if you want to go on your own, it's totally okay. When you'll want to, you'll involve me in this. Involve as a way to say." Seikatsu said, as she was getting up from the bed, but she got blocked by Raihan, who hugged her from behind, holding her warmly. She blushed, but she didn't comment and waited for Raihan to detach by his own.

Due to Raihan's mood of the night before, Banette and Zoroark spared comments at the boy's presence, during breakfast. As Seikatsu jumped on Latios, with those two behind her, they cracked their jokes, especially about that she gave him a kiss on his cheek:"Cut it out, it's just a kiss on the cheek! How exaggerate you are!" Seikatsu grumbled, as they were sneering, then Zoroark:"Yeah, just a little kiss. Given by someone like you isn't an any kiss! you're not so physical with others, not even to die. You're just with us Pokémon! Obviously, those affection's manifestations are clearly signs that you like him!" Seikatsu replied by just growling, then Banette took advantage of the situation to rub in it:"Yeah, and you hug him always. You used your habit to hug me during sleep as an excuse, but you're able to find another Pokémon to snuggle up with for sleeping. You wouldn't have done it with a person unless you like him! You like Raihan, you can admit it!" Seikatsu growled again, then Latios joint to give the final hit:"I wouldn't say, but yesterday you seriously thought to kiss him, as he proposed you the bet." Banette and Zoroark exulted like they were at the stadium then:"Dad Latios used Truth, and it's super effective!" Zoroark exclaimed, with Latios that was laughing. Seikatsu didn't know how to talk back, so she used her old gimmick:"I swear that when I'll be done with matches here in Galar, I bury all of the three of you." The three started laughing, until when Latios blocked half in air, getting back serious:"Seika, the trees of this wood don't allow me to get from above. We must get through by ground." Zoroark exclaimed:"Noooo! I don't wanna waaaaaaaaalk." Banette rolled his eyes:"You can always stay on Latios or transform into a small Pokémon, then staying on Seika's shoulder, dummy."-"You're right." Seikatsu instead didn't take it badly:"May we can find Morgrem and Mimikyu, or other lost friends." Zoroark pretended coughing:"Lost due your bad idea to give the custody of the Pokéballs to Hyde." Seikatsu pretended to not have heard, then she made Latios landing at the wood's entrance.