Heavy Is The Head

Location: The Playground

"So, this is cloaking hardware?" Mack asks.

"Uh-huh." I say in awe. This is so awesome. I can finally see what I didn't understand about this cloaking thing.

"Fitz would be crushed if he saw this. He's been working on cloaking since before Simmons took off." Skye admits. I mean I guess he'll be a little crushed but ultimately I reckon this could help bring him back to normal Leo. The Leo that would've loved to study this with me and figure out where we went wrong.

"Still can't believe she abandoned him like that." Trip states.

"She abandoned all of us. But Fitz has been clinging to his work like a lifeline, and..." Skye starts.

"Maybe we shouldn't tell him." Trip finishes.

"No I'll tell him trust me I know how to. He is my brother after all." I state.

"Coulson wants a retro version of this for the bus. He said that no one knows the avionics on this thing like the Fitz's." Mack says, turning to look at me.

"Think you can handle it?" Trip asks me.

"Yeah I'll just have to get my brother to help." I answer. Truth is I could probably do it by myself but, I want to try and get the team to see that even though Leo's different now he can still be a huge help.

"Why don't you ask him now?" Mack says turning around. I copy him and see Leo stood in the doorway awkwardly. I give him a small smile.

"Hey, Leo." I greet.

"So that's the, um... that's the..." Leo stutters.

"Cloaking, in all its glory. You know, you weren't that far off. Check out the transmitter coil." I finish for him.

"Yeah, to negate the... the resonant... the... the... the resonant...? No, um... the, uh..." Leo starts clicking his fingers clearly frustrated as he tries to remember the word.

"It's okay. Just take your time." Skye encourages.

"Uh, what he's trying to say is there's an audio component to cloaking that inverts sound waves, too." Mack explains.

"Like noise-canceling headphones?" Trip asks.

"Yeah, same concept." I answer.

"Okay. You think you can give me a hand with this?" Mack asks Leo.

"Um, u-under the circumstances, uh... well, the trick is you would... n... the trick ... the trick would be in the meta-materials. Uh, oh! Yeah, but you'd have to alter the, um... Uh..." Leo fumbles through his sentences.

"Fitz, it..." Skye starts.

"Yeah, could everyone just stop talking for one second?" Leo asks placing his head in his hand
"No, sorry. Gonna have to go." Leo starts walking off.

"Leo." I mutter softly reaching my arm out to him. He brushes it off and continues to walk away.

"It's like sometimes he's the same old Fitz, and other times..." Skye starts.

"Not." Trip finishes.

"I'm gonna go check on him." I mutter walking in the direction my brother went.

"AVIA where's Leo?" I ask my AI.

"He appears to be in the lab." AVIA replies. I stop at the lab where I see Leo pacing back and forth.l

''We were so close. If they'd just given us a little bit more time to calculate the object's..." Leo starts.

"Refractive index, yeah. That's the problem these days, everyone needs answers immediately. No one has any patience anymore." I finish walking over to Leo. I hear him sigh.