Melinda

Location: Afterlife

"I want to know where you’re from. Did you make friends there?" Jiaying asks me and Skye. Jiaying's trying to help us to control our powers at the minute and I'm currently trying to stop myself from spilling the secret. We're up by the mountains with the snow on them where Lincoln took us before.

"At S.H.I.E.L.D.? Yeah. They’re our family. Or they were." Skye answers.

"Until you changed? They sent agents after you." Jiaying states.

I sigh scratching my neck. "I don’t know what happened. They would never do that. Leo would never let that happen. At least that's what I thought." I mumble looking at my feet.

"Also, I know I impaled a guy." Skye adds.

"Who shot at you." Jiaying interjects.

"I hurt Chloe!" Skye raises her voice slightly.

"On accident." I respond.

"I lost control." Skye states.

"Do you two understand your gifts?" Jiaying questions us.

"Skye make things shake, I make things hot?" I guess with a small shrug.

"Well, not really." Jiaying replies. "Everything’s shaking already, Skye, vibrating at its own natural frequency and everything has an amount of kinetic energy which I assume you know creates heat Chloe. This stone, the wood in the trees… I believe you, Skye, can learn to sense those frequencies around you and resonate with them so that not everything is shaking, only what you choose and Chloe I think you have the ability to increase the kinetic energy in the atoms that make up objects to heat them up as well as being able to increase the speed of those same atoms and molecules in the air to create flames." Jiaying explains. I look at her confused.

"How the hell do we do that?!" I question earning a chuckle from Skye.

"I don’t know. I’m not the ones with the gifts. I just work here." Jiaying points out. I roll my eyes. The mountain seems to catch Skye's eye.

"You think I can hear the stone?" Skye asks. Jiaying nods.."Whoa. You’ve got to be kidding me." Skye exclaims.

"Can you hear it?" I ask curiously.

"No, not the stone. The mountain. It’s the loudest thing here." Skye states.

"Good. Now take that frequency and see if you can amplify it." Jiaying tells Skye.

"The last time I did something like this, a lot of people got hurt." Skye responds worried.

"You can’t hurt the mountain, and you’re not gonna hurt me. Don’t be afraid." Jiaying reassures Skye. Skye sticks her hand out and squints her eyes shut. After a minute I hear a rumble and an avalanche is triggered on the mountain in the distance.

"Woah." I exclaim.

"I moved a mountain." Skye exclaims.

"Remember that feeling. It’s not something to be afraid of." Jiaying tells Skye before turning to me. "Go on Chloe try sense the atoms in the snow see if you can melt it." I take a deep breath looking up at the mountain determined. I reach out my arm focusing on the mountain. I try to feel the atoms making up the snow, make them go faster I feel heat rush towards my hand and I try to focus that energy towards the mountain but I can't.

"I can't do it." I mutter a tear running down my face. I sit down on the bench, that I only just realised was up here trying to regain my energy. Skye sits next to me wrapping an arm around my shoulder.

"That's alright not everyone gets it straight away." Jiaying reassures me.

"But Skye did." I point out tears continuing to run down my face.