One Door Closes

Location: Safehouse

"It’s a little weird here. I’m settling in. I’ve played a couple dozen games of solitaire. It’s a lonely game, that solitaire." I hear Skye talking to herself. I open my eyes letting our a yawn before putting my glasses on and walking into the room.

"Well, May will head there soon, so don’t give up on solitaire just yet." I hear Simmons finish as I enter the room. "What's Chloe been doing then if she hasn't been playing with you?"

"Sleeping, playing on AVIA." I mumble talking to the video feed with Simmons.

"And she's awake." Skye celebrates. I send her a death stare. Don't mess with me until I've had my food. I grab a bowl from one of the cupboards and make myself a bowl of Cheerios.

"Well Skye if you want I could give you the password to turn off AVIA." Simmons tells Skye.

"You wouldn't dare." I reply sitting down next to Skye.

"If next time I call I find you haven't been communicating I will be turning her off." Simmons says. I groan.

"But why?" I whine. Simmons rolls her eyes.

"Anyways, who do we have to thank for the little Debbie snack cakes?" Skye questions.

"How're you talking about cake it's 10am?" I point out. Bonus of being pulled from active duty. I get to sleep in. Skye just chuckles ruffling my hair slightly.

"That was Coulson’s idea. But I did pick you out some nice gluten-free biscuits." Simmons tells us. Oh. Will not be touching them.

"Ah. Yeah, I’ll… I’ll… I… I’ll look for those." Skye stutters slightly. I certainly won't be.

"Have either of you tried on the gloves yet?" Simmons asks us.

"I have not, but I… I will." Skye tells Simmons. I shrug looking at the screen Simmons is on.

"I still got my other ones on and I might try the new ones but it's just the way Coulson talked about the side effects made them seem dangerous." I explain. Simmons nods in understanding.

"Well, when or if you’re feeling up to it, it might be worth giving them a go. They’re obviously just prototypes, but they’re both laced with micro threads I designed, which should accelerate your healing and help dampen your powers. I just want you to be safe. You know that, right?" Simmons rambles on a little.

"We do. It means a lot, Jemma. Thank you." Skye responds for us as I have a spoonful of Cheerios in my mouth. I swallow it quickly.

"Yeah, thanks Jemma." I reply with a smile.

"Okay, then. Call me if you need anything." Simmons states.

"Bye." Me and Skye say before Simmons hangs up.

"Oh yeah just checking we're not looking for those biscuits are we?" I question nervously.

"The gluten free ones?" Skye confirms. I nod. She shakes her head. "Of course we're not."

"Good just checking." I respond finishing off my breakfast.

Time skip

It's now like, wait let me just check AVIA. It's now 4pm. Me and Skye have spent most of the day watching films because according to Simmons I need to communicate more. Honestly if she creates an AI she won't be expected to talk to people so why am I. Sorry that was basically just me ranting. It's not that there's something wrong with Skye but like I like being by myself it's calm.

We are currently watching a horror film and it isn't going very well.

"Aah!" I shriek my hands igniting. I look down at them in fear. "Shit! Um Skye." I gain her attention.