A Fractured House

Location: The Playground

"5:30 on the dot every morning. But there’s no clock, no light, no way he can know what time it is." Simmons says as she watches the footage of Ward doing press ups like he does every morning.

"You’ve been watching him?" I ask.

"Every day before I left, every day since I got back. I don’t know how you two do it, going down there, talking to him." Simmons answers.

"Oh the first time I went down there I gave him a taste of hypoxia so let's just say it doesn't always go smoothly." I respond. Simmons holds her hand out behind her back clearly waiting for a high five with I secretly give her.

"Jemma Simmons undercover at HYDRA." Skye states.

"I thought I was a dead woman at least four times." Simmons exclaims.

"I’m glad you’re not." I state.

"Me too." Skye agrees before she walks off.

"I am glad your back Simmons. You have no idea how hards it's been without you." I say pulling her into a hug.

"I know and I'm sorry I left." Simmons responds.

"It's okay I understand" I tell her but then I get a thought. "but there is something you could do to make up for it." I grin mischievously.

"And what is that?" Simmons asks.

"Get with my brother." I state. I see Simmons sigh. "Come on he's had a crush on you for as long as I can remember." I point out.

"It's just I'm not actually sure if your brother want me around him." Simmons pauses. "He didn't seem all to thrilled when I came back."

"I'll talk to him." I tell her.

"Oh no you don't have to Chlo it's fine." Simmons tries.

"Nope I'm getting you to together whether you like it or not." I interrupt.

"Sorry to intrude but you might want to see this." AVIA tells me pulling up a news feed from my watch.

"An attack today of the U.N. left six dead and dozens injured. Among the injured, S.H.I.E.L.D.’s biggest opponent, U.S. air force Brigadier General Glenn Talbot. " A reporter says.

"This wasn't us? Was it?" I question turning to Simmons.

"We got to ask Coulson." Simmons replies us both moving towards his office.

"Just saw the news. We’re not responsible for this, are we, sir?" I ask as we enter. Coulson shakes his head. "Didn’t think so. Just wanted to triple-check."

"Marcus Scarlotti was behind the attack. An assassin… almost killed Barton a few years back. Runs a team of mercenaries… mostly for HYDRA." Bobbi explains.

"Ah. The bodies just disintegrate. I saw references to this weapon in HYDRA’s lab. Yeah, sent from their demolitions expert, uh, Toshiro…" Simmons starts.

"Toshiro Mori. I’ve crossed paths with him before. He has a lab in Okinawa." Bobbi finishes.

"Good. Then that’s where you’re going. We need to find the location of the next attack and stop it before it happens. May’s taking point on this op. You can meet her and Hunter in the hangar." Coulson orders Bobbi.

"Hunter’s going?" Bobbi questions. Something's fishy between those two I've got to find out what. "Got it. Thank you, sir."

Coulson then turns to me and Simmons. "I need you two to dig through the hard drive you brought back from Whitehall’s lab."