Love In The Time Of Hydra

Location: The bus

Simmons is checking on mine and Skye's injuries. Honestly, I feel much better I mean my hands still sting but, I'm not telling Simmons that I don't want to give her an excuse to stick a needle in me.

Andrew gave me and Skye our reports. He's recommending that we both leave S.H.I.E.L.D. (not happening) and go do something else. What the hell am I ment to do?! Nobody would hire a fourteen year old that is a know agent. And anyways I'm not leaving Leo. End of.

"Well, the bruising has started to fade, though I’m afraid these stress fractures will require a bit more time to heal." Simmons tells Skye.

"Great. Tried to go zen to keep my powers in check only to find myself… aah… back on the D.L." Skye complains slipping her gloves on.

"The “down low?”" Leo questions.

"The “disabled list.”" Skye states.

"Oh. Oh, yeah. That makes more sense." Leo mutters.

"Yeah, and now I’m all…" I stop gesturing to my burnt hands.

"You know, it could just be growing pains… from the new powers." Leo points out.

"It’s okay, Leo. You don’t have to put a positive spin on this." I reply with a half hearted smile.

"I’m not doing that. I would never patronize the… Well, the… things change. That’s what I’m saying. So maybe if you can learn to control this, then… you could have avengers-level powers, something like Captain America, even." Leo stutters.

"I think it best we keep in mind the unstable nature of Skye and Chloe's powers. If there is an Avenger equivalent, right now I’m afraid it’s the Hulk." Simmons states.

"Well, Hulk saved the world, last I checked." Leo responds.

"You’re absolutely right. But given the choice, I believe Bruce Banner would not hesitate to cure himself once and for all." Simmons adds.

"Well, then… I guess we should be thankful that nobody’s given him the choice." Leo argues. I look down to my feet. They definitely weren't best friends before all this but it just feels like me and Skye changing made it worse.

"Oh, Fitz…" Simmons exclaims.

"Don’t “oh, Fitz” me. I’m be…" Leo stops himself. I look up and see him looking at me and Skye. "I’m sorry." Leo apologizes.

"This really isn’t about you two." Simmons continues.

"I’m pretty sure it is." I mumble a couple stray tears running down my face. I stand up wanting to leave. Skye copies me.

"We'll just go back to the cage." Skye says wrapping an arm around my shoulder as we walk away.

Time skip

"Ah. No." Skye exclaims as the game bleeps. We're playing operation if you can't tell.

"Ankle bone’s always the toughest." Coulson states walking in.

"Not for me I have won what is it 5 rounds so far." I point out. Skye rolls her eyes.

"You and I need to take a ride." Coulson states.

"Okay. But why am I suddenly feeling like old yeller right now?" Skye questions.

"Kind of surprised you know the reference." Coulson points out.

"Who's old yeller?" I ask confused.

"There it is." Coulson states.

Skye shrugs. "I’ve had a lot of downtime lately. That and Fitz really wants a dog."