Scar's Will (part 1)

CCs used:

Mumbo=Oliver
Scar
Cubfan=Cubfang
(And a secret one that I'll reveal in part 2)

Any other characters mentioned are OCs.

The brown and grey tabby looked through the glass, doing his best to give a warm and welcoming smile as the two-legs walked by. When one of the smaller ones came up to his enclosure, he put a paw against the glass and meowed affectionately, but the two-leg kit was called away by a bigger two-leg, and they picked up a pure white cat instead. As he watched them take away the other cat, seeing them put a pink and gold collar on her just before they left, he sunk down onto the floor, defeated.

"I just don't get it Oli, why don't the two-legs ever want me?" He asked the black and white tuxedo cat next door. "I'm nice and sweet and cute-"

"Not so cute to them with that on you," Oliver said, pointing to the scar on the other cat's face. It was a long scar going across his face, from past his left eye to just under his right.

"But I like this one! I drove that badger so far out of the neighborhood I didn't hear a word about it for weeks!" He argued.

"Maybe it's that one?" Oliver asked, pointing to the scar going across his lip.

"I worked hard to climb that tree! Not my fault the branches were pointy on the way down." He argued again.

"What about that one?"

The burn against his chest. "I stopped standing so close to the stove after that,"

"That one?"

The chip in his left ear. "That fish had it coming, it was just lucky I scraped myself on a rock,"

"That one for sure!"

The cut against his right shoulder. "That was the branch thing again, it was a long fall. Point is, I like all my scars! They're like a bunch of memories stored in a place I can't lose them!"

"Well they're gonna keep you stored in this place with no way to lose you, too," Oliver said.

"But why?" He asked. "I mean, I'm glad all the other cats get nests of course, but why not me just because I've been in an accident... or two... or three... hang on, let me count them again,"

As he did that, Oliver sighed. "I dunno, they're just so picky with their cats. It doesn't even have to be your fault, I bet they'd still leave you alone even if you didn't have all those scars."

When the tabby finally gave up on his counting, he sighed. "...maybe I was right where I should've been when I was in the wild. Free to do whatever I want, no matter what happens to me! The two-legs wouldn't even understand how I am anyway, they'd probably give me a name like Chloe or something."

He fake gagged in disgust, getting Oliver to chuckle.

"Speaking of names, have you decided on one yet?" The tuxedo asked. The tabby shook his head.

"I was thinking of something tree related because of my brown spots, but I dunno, I don't think wood is my vibe." He said. "I'll think about it more tomorrow,"

"You said that yesterday... and the day before..." Oliver pointed out.

"It needs to be perfect! I don't wanna feel stuck to something stupid... like Oliver," he teased.

Oliver rolled his eyes, smiling. "Whatever Mr. Scar Cat, I'm going to take a nap. It's almost lights out anyway."

While Oliver just meant it as a one off comment, the tabby seemed to take it into consideration.