Peatlily and Mochi (part 1)

CCs used:

TFC=Tincook
Xisuma=Doompaw
EX=Evilpaw

(Quick edit, I didn't mention EX in the CCs when I first posted this, but I've decided to add him to the list now since he's not my OC. Also came back to fix some inconsistencies with the lore)

Any other characters mentioned are OCs.

!!!HEAVY TW FOR CHILD ABUSE!!!

"And these?"

"Hm... yarrow. It makes cats throw up, so it's good for when cats eat bad stuff an' have ta' get rid of it,"

The black, grey and white medicine cat looked at the yellow and white splotched apprentice with surprise, impressed with how easily she could correctly identify any of the herbs he showed her.

"Peatpaw, not many cats your age can even tell deathberries from raspberries. You'd do very well being a medicine cat if you chose to," he complimented.

"Thank you, Blackstone," Peatpaw said sheepishly. "But- but my motha' was really looking forward to me bein' a warrior. I wouldn't want ta' let her down now,"

"Ah, I understand," Blackstone said. "But if you ever change your mind, FogClan's always looking for more medicine cats, and I'm always looking for a new apprentice,"

"Peatpaw!" A cat called out, the yellow apprentice turning her head. It was her mentor and mother, a peach rosette furred cat named Mottledlake. "Come along now, we have ta' start ya trainin'!"

"Okay!" Peatpaw called back. "Bye Blackstone,"

"Safe travels," Blackstone said, watching as the young she-cat left the medicine den.

...

"No, stop, ya' still got it all wrong," Mottledlake scorned her daughter.

"But I'm leanin' more onta my right, just like you said!" Peatpaw argued, showing off the hunting crouch to her mother again like it would change her mind.

"An' now ya too far on ya right! Ya need a perfect balance unless ya wanna fall on ya side and scare ya prey!" Mottledlake argued back.

"I wouldn't even have ta' learn a huntin' crouch if I could be a medicine cat..." Peatpaw muttered to herself without thinking, but it didn't stop her mother from hearing her.

"EXCUSE ME?!" Mottledlake gasped. "Afta' all the work an' the life ya fatha' put in to make sure we could live like strong, fearsome warriors, an' ya go an' say such awful things! How do ya think he'd feel if he heard ya sayin' stuff like that?!"

"I-I'm sorry mum," Peatpaw quickly backed down, "I didn't mean it-"

"What did ya mean then?!" Mottledlake asked. "What else could ya have possibly meant when ya said ya wanted to be a medicine cat?!"

"Nothin'! I don't wanna be a medicine cat," Peatpaw lied. Mottledlake swiped at the apprentice's face, leaving a claw mark that was just deep enough to bleed.

"From 'ere on, ya gonna be nothin' but my apprentice until ya good enough to be a warrior! Maybe then ya'll be the daugha' I raised!" Mottledlake declared, beginning to stamp back to camp. "And when the medicine cat asks what happened, tell 'im you were bein' clumsy on ya way to catch a bird. Understand?"

Peatpaw just nodded, her head down and tears streaming from her face in a silent cry.

...

"Peatpaw, do you promise to uphold the Warrior Code and defend your clan, even with your life?" Hashstar, their white and orange tabby splotched leader, asked, looking down at the apprentice sitting just below the highrock. Peatpaw felt the eyes of all her peers on her, especially her mother's bright pink eyes. She dipped her head.