Chapter 13

It was later that night, everyone had gone to sleep besides Tara and Y/N. They have snuck out and they are now on the beach.

Y/N: Are you enjoying yourself?

Tara: I would be if you weren't here.

Y/N: Ouch, that burns.

Tara: I was only kidding, I am enjoying myself even if you're just standing there awkwardly.

Y/N: Sorry, I get awkward when there is a beautiful girl around me.

They looked at each other and laughed. Tara ended up falling on the ground from laughing so hard.

Y/N: I'm so sorry, that was horrible.

Tara: That was probably the most cringe and funniest thing you have ever said to me in a while.

Y/N: I feel like I've said worse.

Tara: If you did then that tops it.

They laughed even more and then they both start calming down. Y/N held out her hand to Tara and Tara took it. Y/N helped Tara up and Tara smiled at her.

Y/N: Isn't tonight so beautiful?

Tara: Yeah, it is.

Y/N: You think we should go back?

Tara: Are you getting bored?

Y/N: No, I just don't know if Sam put a curfew on you.

Tara: Is there something wrong?

Y/N: There's a guy like 20 feet away from us right now so we should start walking into a way more public area.

Tara: Okay yeah.

Once they got into a public area, they got a few drinks and ate some food. The guy got lost a while ago but they still decided to have fun. After their drinks and food, they decided to go clubbing. They went to a nearby club and walked in.

They drank a ton, danced a ton, and sang a few songs together. After a little while, a guy came up to Tara and wrapped his arm around her neck. Y/N pushed him off and he started laughing.

?: You seem kinda fiesty

Y/N: Go bother someone else, she doesn't want you.

?: You a mind reader now?

Y/N: How about you get the fuck out.

?: How come? You intimidated?

Tara: Okay just go, I don't want to start a fight. We're all drunk, Y/N let's go home.

?: Yikes, control your girl.

Y/N: Shut the fuck up.

Tara: Y/N let's go, now.

Y/N: Fine.

Tara dragged Y/N out of the club and the guy left them alone. Y/N and Tara kept laughing while on their way to another club. Once they got there, they did the same thing they did at the last one except there wasn't a man flirting with either of them.

Y/N: Would you like another drink?

Tara: Yes, I would.

Y/N: Okay I'll go get you some more then.

Tara smiled at Y/N and Y/N left to go get some more drinks. Y/N came back and handed Tara a drink, they went back to dancing and Y/N stopped dancing after a few minutes.

She admired Tara while Tara kept dancing. Y/N took a drink and pulled Tara closer to her, Tara stopped dancing.

Tara: Everything okay?

Y/N: Everything is perfect.

Y/N kissed Tara and Tara pulled away. Y/N backed up and shook her head.

Y/N: Sorry, I shouldn't hav-

Tara pulls Y/N back in and they kiss again. Y/N deepens the kiss and then someone bumps into them.

?: Oh shit I'm sorry girls.

Y/N: You're good.

Everyone laughs and then the guy walks off. Tara and Y/N continue to laugh and then they decide to go back to the house. Y/N opens the door and they make it to the bedroom without getting caught. Tara takes her shirt off and Y/N laughs in bed.

Y/N: Tonight was so much fun.

Tara: Yeah it was.

Tara puts on her pajamas, Y/N sits up on her elbows.

Y/N: We should do this again sometime.

Tara: You think so?

Y/N: I know so.

Tara laughs and Y/N smiles. Y/N walks up to Tara and stands in front of her. They look each other in the eyes and then there's a knock on the door. Y/N steps away from Tara and Tara steps closer to Y/N.

Y/N: What are you doing?

Tara: If we stay quiet they won't know.

Y/N: We shouldn't do this.

Tara: Okay then we won't.

Tara backs away and opens the door. Mindy is standing there with a smile.

Mindy: Good morning you two.

Tara: Good morning Mindy.

Y/N: Morning.

Mindy: I'll go make some coffee.

Tara: I'll actually come with you.

Mindy: Oh, you don't want any couple moments?

Y/N: Ye-

Tara: We aren't a couple so that doesn't really matter.

Mindy: Okay I'll be in the kitchen.

Tara: I'll be there in a minute, I just have to get changed for the day.

Mindy leaves and Tara turns around and picks out an outfit.

Y/N: But last night I tho- We kissed.

Tara: We were drunk.

Y/N: It still meant something to me, I don't just go around and kiss people in a drunken state.

Tara: You rejected what I really had in mind Y/N.

Y/N: Sex is what you had in mind? I want something serious.

Tara: And we were as serious as we could be until you decided to leave.

Y/N: And I told you that I wanted to make that up to you.

Tara: I want something serious too.

Y/N: But?

Tara: But one minute you want us to be together and then the next you back down.

Y/N: So we shouldn't try again?

Tara: I want to try again but only when you're actually ready.

Tara walks away and joins Mindy in the kitchen. Y/N lays in bed and falls asleep even though she's still in her clothes from yesterday. Will Tara and Y/N ever find their way back to each other? Or will they move on from each other?