36. Pretty Best Friends

Thank you for your patience 🩶

(Ariana's POV)

It was finally Friday, I had stupidly put myself in a position where I was attending tomorrow nights uni party.

Cat and Danny were the only two who knew it was a mistake and me being stubborn. But as I say, being stubborn I couldn't pull out now!

I had a dress prepared that Cat and I had bought awhile ago for that 'just in case' moment, and well, that moment is here!

I wasn't planning on going for long, having 1 or 2 drinks with Cat, hang out with Noah as I know he's the type to be sensible and make sure I feel comfortable and go back to the dorm after!

I hadn't been in this type of environment for a long time and I was nervous but it also felt right, weirdly.

"Hey pretty girl shall we go and get our nails done today?" Cat smiles.

I sit up on my bed after catching myself in a daydream.

"I will never say no to a manicure!" I smile and stretch my arms up before getting up and grabbing my bag.

I was wearing a pair of mum jeans and small little tank top that was cropped just above the jeans. Of course I also had my hair swept back into a high ponytail and light makeup.
I decided to take an oversized black jacket incase it got cold.

"It annoys me how everyday you wake up and Chuck whatever outfit on and always look 10/10 like could walk a runway" cat sighs playfully

"Cat, im literally wearing jeans and a top.." I laugh

"That's my point!!" She laughs and we leave our dorm.

Cat and I made our way to the nail salon and had a proper girly day and chat. Her and zayn were the best they've ever been and she was glowing from happiness. As a friend it was really lovely to see, I remember when I glowed like that once. I would love to feel that way about someone again, but I'm not sure I ever will. My bracelet reminds me everyday of the person I once was and the happiness I was once full of.

"Oooo what did you go for?" Cat asks me across the salon.

I smile and hold up one hand as the kind nail technician was finishing the other. I went for a classic French manicure but instead of white tips went for black and had a shimmer of sparkle in a few of them.

"Ooooo matches your dress" she smiles and holds hers up. Cat went for a similar French manicure style but bright and colourful colours that match her personality perfectly.

*the next day*

It was finally Saturday, party day!

I wish I could say I was excited but I was actually dreading it. It's just the fact that I knew harry and the boys would be there as well as Kendall and her posse! It's an environment I don't miss but life's all about new experiences and I'm hoping this will be one.

It was early afternoon and I was just chilling in my dorm waiting for cat to come back so we could start getting ready.

One thing she did tell me to do was eat properly, as alcohol on an empty stomach is not a good mix. I had an apple for breakfast but I haven't eaten since, I tried but the anxiety of tonight got the better of me and the sight of food made me feel nauseous.  But I'm only planning on having a couple so I should be absolutely fine..

"Hello hello hello!" I hear cat as she walks in our dorm.

"Hiii" I call

"Sorry, I was catching a bite to eat with zayn, he's coming later, I told him to keep an eye on you" cat smiles

"Thanks mum" I laugh

"Not in a parent way" she laughs "just a ... ya know... watch out for my friend.. care!"

"Cat I know I know, thank you I appreciate you" I smile and stretch standing up. "I'm
Gonna jump in the shower and then get ready I guess" I smile and grab my towel.

A couple hours later and it was nearly time to leave, I was still wearing my pyjamas as I put them on after my shower but I had finished my hair and makeup.

Walking and locking myself in the bathroom I change into the dress cat and I had previously bought. It felt tight, I felt fat, i felt ugly.

I pull the zip up the side and turn to look at myself in the mirror. I take a deep breathe and sigh. I hadn't seen myself dressed this like this for a long time so it was going to be a shock. If you couldn't tell by now, I love baggy clothes. They're my safety blanket!

In this dress my figure was on show, it was a simple black strappy dress and I matched it with a pair of my favourite black heels. I decided to let my hair down tonight and straightened. I felt covered up with my hair down, it sounds silly but it's another safety blanket of mine, as I have SO much of it.

I walk out of the bathroom and cat squeals at me "my god you are gorgeous"

"Thanks cat" I smile "you look absolutely stunning too!"

"Let's take a pic and then be on our way!!!" She smiles and pulls her phone out.

@CatharinaCabello:
2 pretty best friends 🩶

Liked by HarryStyles, NoahCentineo & 3,826 others

@DannySivan: I'm the 3rd pretty best friend
@ZaynMalik: @CatharinaCabello looking tasty, see you soon x

// thank you for reading part 36!