15. Touchy Subject?

// surprise ! Have an update a day early ! :) 🤍

(Harrys POV)

All day and evening I was thinking about Ariana and the way she spoke to me. Sassy. I didn't like her with Noah. He's just such a goodie. Ariana was the first girl I've met that hasn't gushed over me and hasn't wanted to be in my room. I guess that's what makes me so intrigued about her.

It was late one Saturday night. For a second time in a row I had declined the offer to go get wasted.
It wasn't like me but I didn't feel like me at the moment either. I had to drop off a bag of weed down to one of the rugby lads and the best way to do it was party nights as you were less likely to get caught.

I wore some sweatpants and chucked on a hoodie as I was only running downstairs.

I grabbed my phone and dorm key shoving them in my pocket along with the bag of weed, I pulled my hood up over my head and left my dorm.

I walk downstairs to knock on Connors door. He nods his head at me and hands me a ziplock bag full of notes. I slide my hand into his releasing the bag of weed. And that's how it's done.

We both suddenly jump as we hear a door shut. We both turn and look towards the dorm block exit and see someone rush out. He closes his dorm door looking slightly nervous that whoever had seen us would spill.

I walk over to the exit and look through the door,
Petite body, same designer bag, baggy hoodie..
so it was just Ariana.

I watch her rush over to the music block as the rain water continues to fall.

I watch her closely until she enters the music block, what if she's going to meet Noah?

That's when I decided I would follow her.

I jog across to the music block and when I reach the doors I listen in. I can't hear a male voice. She's not talking to anyone so I guess she must be alone ?

Super quietly I open the door and stand inside to stop getting wet from the rain. I could here she was just in the room around the wall from where I was stood. I was out of her view as she was out of mine.

Before I could decide on what I was going to do next she started playing the piano and started singing.

"I've been thinking 'bout you
Yeah, I been missing you
Where the hell are you, oh, when I need you?
I could still hear your voice
I ain't got no choice, 'cause I'm here all alone
I know I can't wait 'til you get home
Oh, I don't have you here with me
But at least I have the memory
I tried to make it through the night
But I can't control my mind"

As she was singing I was listening very carefully to the lyrics. 'I don't have you here with me' , 'I have the memory' , 'I can't control my mind' - I can't say it was a song I was familiar with but nonetheless her voice was incredible and there was no denying that. This song was definitely about someone.

Hearing her sing thinking no one could hear her was much different to when she had a crowd. She was amazing either way but the emotions you could feel from her voice. I didn't feel guilty but I knew she wouldn't appreciate me being stood here.

She came to the end of the song and I lean against the wall trying to be quiet but instead miss the wall slightly and end up making a noise.

I hear the piano lid smack down so I clearly had made her jump.

"Who's there?" I hear her call.

Fuck...

(Ariana's POV)