I'm Sorry...

Robin started driving Max to Els house a huge grin on the redheads face.
"Wow, excited to see your girlfriend Maxy?" Robin asked with a smirk.
Max's face turned a bright red as she turned to face the older girl.
"She's only aloud to call me that" she said with a glare.
Robin held her hands up in defense.
"My bad" she laughed.

Soon, they arrived at Els house and Max quickly got out, Robin leaning out the window a bit.
"I'll pick you up after I finish work alright?"
Max held out a thumbs up as she hurried to Els door eager to see her. Before she could even get the chance to knock on the door El opened it quickly wrapping her arms around her.
"Maxyyyy I miss you so much" she said tightening her grip on the red head.
"You saw me yesterday" Max giggles.
"Yup! To long ago" El pecked Max's lips before leading her inside.

After baking cookies and watching a couple movies Max had fallen asleep on Els shoulder. Robins was waiting outside knocking on the door so El picked Max up bridal style. Max opened her eyes giggling.
"Well hello princess" El said with a smile.
Max blushes a bit,
"Do you know how much I need and love you?" Max asked.
El set Max down.
"No why don't you tell me" she said with a smug smile.
Max smiles her cheeks a crimson red.
"I love you so much it's deadly, sometimes it hurts..in good ways of course. I love you more than anything on this entire planet. I love you so much that you will never be able to get rid of me, no matter how hard you try I'm sticking by your side the rest of your life. I need you more than you think Ellie. I need you more than humans need oxygen. When I wake up your my first thought, your my last thought before falling asleep at night. Your beautiful hair, chocolate brown eyes, your beautiful smile, and cute giggle. Everything about you is perfect from top to bottom and I'm so lucky to have you. I wouldn't wish for anyone else"

El stared at Max her face a bright red as she took in every single word Max said.
"Wow..I uh..wow.." El was speechless as she stared at Max.
Max giggles, "now tell me how much you love me!"
El was still a bit flustered but shook it off with a small smirk.

"Maxine Mayfield, you have made me the happiest girl on earth when you moved to Hawkins Indiana. You left California a dream place with beaches and tones of cool places for a town like Hawkins. I'm glad did or I, Eleven Hopper would have never met the perfect girl. I know you might not think so but, you have the prettiest hair anyone could ever have, your ocean blue eyes I can get lost in, you have the softest lips any human could have, and your cute little freckles I can spend all day looking at. I would die a million different-painful deaths for you. When I see you I already know I'm going to have a good day. When I'm with you with you no one else matters, it's just us two on this beautiful earth. Even though I might have dated other people Maxine Mayfield you are my first love and will always be the only person I will ever love"

Max had a couple tears in her eyes as she laughed a little trying to get her tears away.
El smiles putting her hands on Max's cheeks.
"I mean all of it Maxy" she pecked Max's lips.
"Now go! Robins waiting for you" El smiled softly at Max before returning to the couch.
Max waved, blowing a kiss before hurrying out the door.
"Jesus Maxine, what took you so long?" Robin asked getting back into the drivers seat.
Max responded with a shrug as she turned the radio on a bit.

The car ride was silent, not an awkward silence but more like a comfortable silence. Once they got inside Max went to go take a shower. She took a long shower letting the water run through her skin as she thought about what El told her. She could feel herself blushing just thinking about the brunette.

She finally got out of the shower an hour after getting in. She put on red plaid pajamas pants and wore a black crop top.
The phone rang so Max hurried to answer it.
"Hello?"
"Max"
It's was El. A smile grew on Max's face hearing Els voice.
"What's up?" Max asked still with a bright smile on her face.
"Max..my dad..he got in a car accident and I'm super scared"
Max's smile quickly faded.
"Oh..I'm sorry..wanna come over?"
El nodded even though Max couldn't see.
"I'll be over in twenty" El replied with little to no emotion before hanging up on Max.

Max waited patiently for El taping her finger on her knee.
Soon El knocked on the door and Max quickly stood up rushing over.
"El I'm sure he's going to be alright!" Max said wrapping her arms around her.
El gently pushed Max off of her.
"Max..I'm sorry but..we need to break up"
Max heart shattered as tears filled her eyes.
"But..why?" Max's small voice and her voice cracks broke El.
"Im sorry..I just can't deal with a relationship right now. I need to make sure my dad is alright bef-"
"But I can help you! Please this is stupid you don't need to break up with me.." Max cut off El tears in her eyes.
"Max I'm sorry..I just need some times for myself" El whispered avoiding eye contact with Max.
"But...everything you said earlier"
"I'm sorry Max. I just can't love you right now" El said looking back up at Max.
Tears rolled down Max's face as she looked away from El. She didn't let her say another word before shutting the door on her.

Max ignored Robin the rest of the night, laying in her bed. She was crying most of the times causing her eyes to be bright red.

Three months past and El hasn't come to see Max. Hopper was out of the hospital only with a broken leg. Max had tried multiple times to visit El but she would always make an excuse.

Max decided to go try to get El back. Robin took her to the store so Max could buy some flowers.
"Excited?" Robin asked.
Max had a huge smile on her face.
"I can't wait to date El again!!"
"I'll see you at home okay? Have fun kiddo" Robin said with a smile for before driving off.
Max nervously walked up to Els door and knocked holding the flowers up.
This time instead of Hopper El opened the door staring at Max.
Max smiled.
"Hey! I uh..got you these!" Max said handing El the flowers.
El took the flowers without saying a word.
Max bit her lip.
"So..are you ready to be my girlfriend again?" Max asked with a huge smile across her face.
"Ellie who's at the door?" A girl asked walking up to El.
"Just a friend Maddi" El said kissing her cheek.
Max's face dropped as her heart visibly broke.