Chapter 12

BRIGHTNESS

Brightness stared at what she had done.

Tsunami had collapsed onto the ground, dead. Blood gushed out of her reopened wound, and the bandages wrapped around her neck were dyed red.

And Anemone, her neck cracked in an unnatural position, her blue eyes unseeing, yet sparked with betrayal.

Yet Brightness didn't feel anything. They deserved to die. Anemone...it would have been nice for her to be alive, but she would have screamed the truth to everyone. No one would have liked Brightness anymore.

Not even Visioner.

Brightness cast a final glance at the two dead SeaWings, and swept out of the blood-stained cave.

VISIONER

A dragonet with colorful stars under his wings, choking as a huge NightWing dragon erupted from his open mouth, tearing him into two.

The NightWing and a faceless, colorless dragonet, rising to power.

Mink crying as she and Visioner entered a cave covered in the blood of two achingly familiar SeaWings.

A dragon with silvery pink scales and four butterfly-like wings, flying across the ocean to warn her tribe.

A shadow of violence as war darkened the continents.

Every single living thing withering under talons of evil.

Visioner gasped awake, trembling. He winced as pain sparked through his body. He tried to sit up, but he was shaking too badly, and everything hurt too much.

"Visioner, stay down." He heard a familiar voice trying to calm him down. "You're badly injured, and the healers told me you'll need to rest."

"Mink," Visioner breathed, closing his eyes. "Where's...what was her name? The SeaWing dragonet."

"Anemone," Mink reminded him. "She's taking Tsunami back to her office."

Visioner struggled to sit up, and stood up unsteadily.

"I- I need to get- They're in danger." He gulped for air he didn't have.

"Visioner. Look at me." Visioner opened his eyes, and found himself staring into Mink's sky-blue eyes, filled with worry and concern and something else he wasn't familiar with. "Tell me what's going on, and I'll help you find Anemone.

Visioner took in another breath, and the words tumbled out of his mouth.

"Anemone and Tsunami- they're injured- or worse. Someone attacked them," He whispered. "We need to take them to the healing center."

Mink's eyes widened, and she nodded. "Lean on me," She offered, unfolding a wing. "I'll help you out."

Visioner slumped to her side, and slowly, they made their way to where their friend and her sister may be bleeding to death.