ONE.

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───
CHAPTER ONE:
dollhouse.
─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

              The family piled out of the white Range Rover

The family piled out of the white Range Rover. Kennedy Thornton was the last one out, practically dragging her feet as she went. She was behaving more like a toddler than a sixteen-year-old. But she was brooding. And she wanted her entire family to feel her wrath, and that left no other option but to make the entire drive home absolutely miserable for all parties involved.

                  Kennedy and her family had spent two weeks at their vacation house off the island in Sunset Beach, North Carolina. They were supposed to spend the entire summer there. However, after a fateful phone call her father received, they were all dragged back to their home in the Outer Banks. Apparently, her father had some important business to take care of and instead of allowing his family to simply stay behind without him at the vacation house, he dragged them all back to their family home.

                     Kennedy tipped her head back, looking up at her two-story mansion home in front of her. It was huge—and yet, nothing compared to the vacation house. Kennedy wanted to spend the entire summer there, not because she was necessarily trying to escape anything back home, but because by being home that meant she was one step closer to returning to school and normal life. Kennedy always much preferred summers, where she could stay out late, surf until her heart was content and drink beers without her parents knowing. Summer was the only time She felt free.

                    She huffed out a sigh, placing her hands on her hips clad in denim shorts, "Remind me why we all had to come home?" She spoke up, craning her neck to send her father the evil eyes from beneath her sunglasses. He couldn't see the glare, but she knew that he could feel it. Steam was practically shooting from her ears.

                     Dallas Thornton was hauling their luggage out of the boot, "Because we're a family and we do things together as a family." He responded, black shades over his face and a baby-blue Valentino polo-shirt hugging his chest.

                      Kennedy scoffed, "We can still be a family with you in the OBX and the rest of us at Sunset. In fact, I'd prefer much it." She said in a chirpy tone, sending her father the bitchiest of looks, earning a heavy sigh on his behalf.

                     She would have preferred her father stay at home in the first place. He was like a dark cloud walking into any room she was in, ready to rain all over her parade. Of course, Kennedy wasn't just being mean to her father for the sake of it—she had a perfectly good reason. Her father was a lying, cheating bastard and her mom was a fool for staying with him. Even after he had profoundly apologised for having an affair a few months ago, Kennedy knew he was only really sorry for getting caught. Once a cheater, always a cheater, right? Kennedy once put her father on a fucking pedestal, but now, he was six foot under to her.