SEVEN

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
CHAPTER SEVEN:
He's a real hoot.
─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

                 "Marshmallow!" Kennedy called out using her hands to make her voice louder as she searched the area around the beach for the lost dog, "Where are you, girl?" She was slowly losing hope as she searched every nook and cranny for her

"Marshmallow!" Kennedy called out using her hands to make her voice louder as she searched the area around the beach for the lost dog, "Where are you, girl?" She was slowly losing hope as she searched every nook and cranny for her. But she was a dog, after all, her legs could've carried her anywhere or god forbid something really terrible could have already happened to her during the storm. If this was a person, Kennedy probably wouldn't have bothered searching so hard. But she was a dog-person, through and through.

The sun scalding her scalp was making it unbearable to keep looking. She stopped her relentless searching for a moment to take a breather. She put one hand on her hip and exhaled, closing her eyes as she used the other hand to wipe sweat from her forehead. In the Outer Banks, high temperatures was a normal thing, especially during Hurricane Season. But Agatha had left the entire island in a scorch instead of clearing the air like they had hoped.

Sighing heavily, she decided the dog wasn't going to be found on her own and that she had to continue. She had to be able to bring Marshmallow home to Lucy who was looking on the other side of the beach. So she kicked off her shoes and carried them on the edge of her fingertips by the heels and walked down onto the beach towards the pier to see if maybe she had taken shelter there.

Stepping under the pier, her eyes lit up at the sight of the dog sniffing the sand, nuzzling her nose beneath it, "Marshmallow!" She exclaimed in glee, taking a few steps forward when something suddenly stopped her in her tracks. Marshmallow wasn't just snooping in the sand for no reason. The bridge of her nose was sniffing a hand that was poking out beneath a mixture of seaweed and sand.

"Holy shit..." Kennedy breathed out, taking a hesitant step backward. There was a body right in front of her. She couldn't see it properly due to the sand and seaweed covering it, but she could make out the shape of the males body—along with the bluish hand Marshmallow was poking curiosity at.

Kennedy sprung into action, running the entire way back to the coastguard. When she got there, he looked annoyed, thinking she had come back to bother him with the dog. But Marshmallow was on her heels, following her blindly. Kennedy had spilled her words out, exclaiming how there was a body beneath the pier. That had everyone losing their shit. Spectators ran alongside the coastguard as he called the cops, wanting to see it for themselves.

Kennedy led the coastguard in the direction of the body, feeling physically sick to her stomach. She was glad the body was covered for the most part, with the hand being the only thing on show, because if she had actually stumbled across the full thing—she was sure it was something she would never be able to forget.

"Oh my god..." The coastguard whispered under his breath, eyes bulging out of his head as Kennedy nervously chewed on her bottom lip.