SEVENTEEN.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN:
I like having you around.
─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

                After going back to the Druthers and watching 27 Dresses and bawling their eyes out at the final scene, Kennedy and Sarah retreated back to their homes

After going back to the Druthers and watching 27 Dresses and bawling their eyes out at the final scene, Kennedy and Sarah retreated back to their homes. Kennedy had crept in quietly, not wanting to disturb her mother who was passed out on the couch, half a glass of red-wine sitting on the glass coffee table. She had placed a blanket over her mothers sleeping body and kissed the top of her head before sneaking off to her bedroom. She could tell that Topper was out because his bedroom door was slightly ajar—and when he was home, there was usually some Kanye song blasting from his room.

She slipped into her room, placing the multiple bags she had collected on her bed before heading over to her record player. She rifled through her records on her shelf before picking the Lover album by Taylor Swift and setting the vinyl up on the record player. Once I Forgot That You Existed started playing, she retreated to her bed to start taking everything she had bought out of her bag.

A while passed by, and Lover was just beginning to play, the instrumentals starting up when she heard a tap coming from her balcony. She furrowed her brows, glancing across to the glass. Her curtains pulled over, meaning she couldn't see outside. There was another tap, louder this time, and then another one.

Kennedy grabbed the book on her bedside drawer before tiptoeing towards her balcony. If some intruder was trying to break in, they were going to get a smutty rom-com book straight to the face. Slowly, she reached for the handle and then yanked it open, pulling the curtains with it.

She swung without saying a single word, hitting the person standing on her balcony with the hard-cover book, "Ow! Ken—fuck, that hurt!" The person was yelling at her, trying to shield their face with their hands. Kennedy swung the book again, but the person caught ahold of her wrist, "Easy, crazy lady. Not an intruder." Kennedy felt herself relax slightly at the sight of JJ who was holding her arm above his head, the book inches from clocking him on the skull.

Kennedy looked him up and down and then stepped back when he released his grip on her, "Could've fooled me," She said with a shrug as she turned away from him, allowing him to step inside her bedroom without thinking. Then, as if suddenly realising that JJ Maybank was standing on her balcony, she spun around to face him, "Wait—why are you climbing up my balcony like this is Romeo and Juliet?" She demanded, clutching the book tightly.

JJ held his hands up in surrender, just in case she decided she wanted to take another whack at him, "I've never seen that movie—and I come in peace." Kennedy let out a scoff as she tossed her book onto her bed where she had her new items of clothing folded along with the other bits and pieces she had bought.