SIX.

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───
CHAPTER SIX:
a temperamental pyromaniac with a bad attitude.
─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

                "Jesus fucking Christ

                "Jesus fucking Christ." Those were the first words that left Kennedy's mouth when she and her family took the first steps onto their back porch the morning after Hurricane Agatha.

               Their lawn was a complete disaster. Their pool had one of Caroline's Maple Trees inside of it along with other garbage and debris. The water from the Koi pond was completely gone—now just a hole in the ground. Plant pots, statues and lawn chairs had been strewn across the green-grass. Kennedy was sure they were missing some things—like her fathers trusted BBQ. She almost snickered at that. Karmas a bitch. There were people across the lawn, people her mother had probably hired to clean up the mess. Kennedy wondered how she had got workers so soon.

              Caroline put a hand to her face, "Honestly, I'll never understand where a young proper lady such as yourself learns such vulgar language, it's—oh, shit! Not the Koi pond!" Kennedy couldn't help but scoff at how quickly her mother switched up as she rushed down the steps to the lawn to investigate their new hole in the ground.

                Topper was beside Kennedy, his hair a mess from only just waking up. Kennedy had actually managed to sleep pretty well in her brothers bed, even though she was by no means a child anymore and she was glad for the descents night sleep. The day after a hurricane was always exhausting—even for Kooks who could afford to pay for others to do cleanups. It was all about showing off to the community. Soon, Kennedy and Topper would be roped into some kind of clean-up event on the island.

                 "Is the power back on? I need a shower." Topper called over to Caroline who had her hands on her boney hips, still wrapped in her red silky robe.

                  "Nope. Generators are down, sweetheart." She answered him, her gaze focused on the mess of her prized garden. It was obvious she was going over how to get it cleaned up before the day even ended. She would probably also end up installing another Koi pond—just for the sake of it. Or a pond with swans. Something ridiculous like that.

                Kennedy's jaw went loose, along with Topper's, "I thought we had backup generators?" She asked in horror. Kennedy wasn't a clean freak by any case, but she did like to shower and after how humid the day before had been, she really wanted one.

                Caroline sighed, "We do, but they're down too. So we're gonna need backup generators for the backup generators," She huffed like it was a massive inconvenience, "Your fathers trying to get it sorted out with Ward as soon as possible—oh my god!" A shriek suddenly came from Caroline's mouth as she ran around the side of the house after something caught her eye.