THREE.

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───
CHAPTER THREE:
she's a kook! you're a pogue!
─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

                 The rest of the day at the Cameron's had been boring

The rest of the day at the Cameron's had been boring. Kennedy stuffed her face until her stomach was bloated. One thing Kennedy loved about summer, was that she got to throw her otherwise strict diet out the window for a month or two. Not that she ate like a pig, because she still made sure she ate as healthily as she could, but she ate way more than she usually would. She would still have to fit into her cheerleading uniform by the time the new term would start up, but she typically worked out often enough, allowing herself to snack more if she wanted to.

After the barbecue, she found herself back at home, sitting in her room and painting her toenails. She had been painting them a shade of blue when she got a text through her phone. It was the girls from the cheerleading team, and somehow, they had found out she was back on the island and therefore wanting to throw her a welcome back party—as if she had been gone for months. She had only been away for two weeks.

Chelsea, the team captain insisted on throwing a party at the beach for her, where everyone and anyone was welcome—the more, the merrier, as she put it. Kennedy wasn't so thrilled at the idea since she had been planning a night of Netflix and popcorn. But it felt criminal to not go to a party being thrown in her honour—even if it was totally ridiculous.

No one had missed her that much. Kennedy wasn't exactly a team player, as contradicting as that was. She didn't have a large friend group she hung around with. It was her and Sarah—it was always Kennedy and Sarah. But that didn't mean people hated her, no, for some reason, people adored her. Kennedy thought they were just entertained by her wild-child personality and liked having her around so they weren't bored. When you add that with being stupid-rich, she became a fan favourite in the OBX.

Kennedy had texted Sarah, letting her know about the party that was to start at 7:30. So naturally, they agreed to show up at 9pm. That gave Kennedy plenty of time to have her second shower of the day before getting dressed. She didn't bother telling her parents, they weren't home anyway. Her father was at the office, going over new properties whilst her mother was at the country club with her fellow housewives. And besides, Kennedy's parents didn't realise she was gone often, being too caught up in their own shit.

Kennedy had told her brother, and Rafe about the party, shooting them separate texts. Usually, she wouldn't invite Topper to parties because he liked to ruin her thunder, but she figured it was the least she could do. His vacation had been cut short too and they both needed a little pick-me-up. And perhaps some alcohol. And there was the fact that Sarah would probably invite him anyway and then he would complain to Kennedy for not being the one to invite him. Okay, so, maybe she wasn't inviting him out of the goodness of her heart.