Before He's Gone (Again)

Yggdrasil was a very important place in the hearts of many people. It was a piece of a childhood that was filled with more hardship than joy, that stuck with them even when they inevitably had to quit.

Through the game, bonds like no other were formed. Even with the ones who had trouble getting along, whether that be through past transgressions or a general dislike for said person, ended up getting along one way or another.

Despite what the game had meant to them, they ended up spending years away from it without so much as a visit.

For a certain guild, that was realized when Momonga's, or Satoru Suzuki's, disappearance was announced on the news.

After Momonga disappeared on Yggdrasil's end, many tried to find a trail. Some of his old teammates scoured the internet and their emails for any signs of where he could've went off to, or why; work, home trouble, bills... In a world like this, there were plenty of reasons for anyone to disappear. But as far as they knew, there were no messages or news articles indicating where he could've gone.

Others looked to reality. People who had connections like Touch-Me's looked anywhere he could; he looked through Momonga's place of residency, his workplace- anywhere he could legally search.

While none could find any clues to Momonga's disappearance, they found out something else; Other players of the game disappeared as well, all seemingly on the day of Yggdrasil's closing.

Whatever was the case, it was guaranteed that wherever they went, Momonga followed them.

It became a popular debate over the internet; what happened to the missing players? Will they ever show up again? Yggdrasil's developers held no furthur insight as they hadn't a clue where they could've gone, either (or so they say, whispered the families, friends, and lovers of those who'd gone missing).

It was clear that no one was getting anywhere to finding the missing players; to finding Momonga. But the Guild of Nazarick- or what was left of it- couldn't stand that. They needed their guildmaster to be okay, at least!

Herohero was the last person to ever see him, and the most guilty of them all. "All I could think about was how exhausted I felt. If I had known this would happen.."

He had no idea that when he saw Momonga last, there wouldn't be a "next time". No one did, and the mere thought made everyone sick.

When was the last time they'd ever spoken with Momonga? Did anyone bother to check on him at all?

No. They hadn't. And now they won't ever have the chance to again...

Topic:
WAS THIS ALL A DREAM?? PLZ TELL MEEE (^_^;)
Posted by user BubblingTeapot
#yggdrasil, #dream, #timetravel, #???

BubblingTeapot✓
: Soooo. Does anyone remember waking up to see Yggdrasil's release announcement after LITERALLY just witnessing it end 12 years in the future, year 2138? Asking for a friend. (^-^'') 🌺 ❤️

Replies:

ChiliPepper$$✓
: HOOOLY COW, SIS?! I REMEMBER TOO!!! I thought I was going crazy!

PoliceOnDuty99✓
: As do I. Hello Peroroncino and Bukubukuchagama, it's Touch-Me. We might need to speak in private for this.

#1_DarkLord✓
: Well, I'm not quite sure what's happening here? I hope you guys figure that out! I'm off to go download Yggdrasil! (*ノ▽ノ)

ChiliPepper$$✓
: HOLY SHIT MOMONGA???

#1_DarkLord✓
: (#゜Д゜) ???

In short: Everyone in the guild adores Momonga, has regrets, and gets a second chance via time travel. Momonga is not aware of this.