You Left (Yet Somehow, I'm Back)

Suzuki Satoru isn't sure what's going on, but he's pretty sure he's in a similar situation than what occured on the Last Day.

Just... Different. A lot different.

He'd woken up in his bed, not remembering ever falling asleep at all. It was pretty much impossible to do so as a skeleton. In fact, he can't remember what could've got him to this point, only that at one moment Satoru was looking through paperwork, and the next he was here.

... He had a panic attack right then and there.

Satoru didn't want to believe that everything he experienced, everything he had gained, was all just a dream. He didn't want to get up and get ready for work after experiencing almost a year's worth of a new, more extreme yet somewhat-comfortable life.

Despite the anxiety, despite the fear, he didn't want to give that all up.

But then Satoru found that he might not have to.

When his eye caught the note on his desk:

DOWNLOAD YGGDRASIL WHEN IT RELEASES!

He still remembers writing that note. Since the game had gotten a lot of traction before it's release, Satoru was determined to be one of the first few who downloaded it.

Why was the note still here when he'd thrown it out years ago?

The answer was impossible, but it was simple. He looked at the date and, low and behold, it was 2138; the year Yggdrasil would be released.

Not only was Satoru back home, but he was back in time.

It this supposed "second chance" only served to make him more confused. He tried to grapple with his current predicament. How the hell did this happen? Was all those years in Yggdrasil just some sort of fever dream that was pushed on by his excitement of the game's release? But Satoru knew he didn't have the creativity to make up years of his life, even if the last year certainly felt like the plot of a dream.

Question was, what will he do?

...

He avoided online talks about Yggdrasil. There was no need to now, when he remembered what day the game was releasing. In fact, there are a lot of things Satoru knows about Yggdrasil that would be of big help in the years ahead, even if the game was "pay to win."

Satoru knows how to get to the top now, heteromorph or not.

He's thought a lot about Nazarick, and he has thought about many scenarios of what he'd do if, whether or not, he'd do when he brought it back to the way it was. It's not that Satoru doesn't want it back, although the stress and guilt of his position had been very trying.

But with how far he's gone back, so much can change. (He might not even meet all of Ainz Ooal Gown's previous guild members...)

He's still overwhelmed by how much has happened over the years, only for it to suddenly be gone. Who wouldn't be with so much hard work erased?

(He didn't realize just how much his Emotional Suppression had been affecting him until it was gone. He was starting to miss it.)

A part of him knows that he won't be able to take it if his friends leave the guild for a second time. He can't go through that, especially not now.

He'll fail most likely, but he was determined to get by without help this time. It was unrealistic, but... He can't go through that.

It'll be hard, but he refuses to get close to them again. It's better not to get close to them at all, no matter how he feels.

Unfortunately, he's not the only one who's back, and they don't seem to get the memo.

Perhaps he should've just found a different game.

In short: Suzuki Satoru goes back in time, unconventionally. However, it seems his old friends have went back as well. Satoru is not aware of this.

(You may consider this a "continuation" of the last prompt. Doesn't have to be connected, though!)