Just Let Us Adore You

Have you ever heard of that concept where that one social group would revolve around that one specific person?

When you hear it like that, it sounds pretty similar to a harem. That is how Peroroncino was made aware of the trope. It's the plot to pretty much every harem story, albeit with a bit more jealousy and fighting.

Perhaps that was why he was the first to recognize it... what was happening in their guild.

There are many in Ainz Ooal Gown who loved their guild leader one way or another.

Older members such as Touch Me, Ulbert, and Yamaiko saw him as their young peer, someone who they felt needed to guide and look after.

Others such as Peroroncino, Bukubukuchagama, Takemikazuchi, and Tabula looked up to him as an older brother, a student, a teacher, or someone to tease.

As they were literally a group of random people stuck together in a guild, they considered themselves to be the strangest, most dysfunctional family out there, but in YGGDRASIL, Ainz Ooal Gown revolved around Momonga. He had brought so much joy in their lives.

They would conquer the entire world of YGGDRASIL without question if it would ease his worries. 

(Peroroncino smiled upon seeing the email message from Momonga.

But when he read it, his heart dropped.

Satoru Suzuki only had three months to live.)

So when they heard his days were numbered, they scrambled over themselves to make his last days as enjoyable as they could, even if their only means of doing so was to make the most of YGGDRASIL before it too was lost, forever.

In other words, Momonga is that one good friend that everyone adores, while Momonga is oblivious... Right up until he was given a fatal diagnosis.